Switch Broadband account to the best solution.

donnybrasco

Hi guys,

I have an uncapped account with SAOL (@R899 - 384kbps) and would like to change to either a cheaper account or at least the same amount but to a provider that offers Uncapped with Telkom line @4mbps included.
I'm not sure why SAOL still charging this price, is there a reason why it is higher that other ISPs? If someone knows please share...? or will go with the route of changing and what is the best ISP for my needs that does not shape my torrents.

Shayd

Expert Member
it is unshaped but to be fair you will probably notice a smoother connection with MWEB 4Mb uncapped shaped than 384k unshaped. Contact them maybe they can drop the price.

donnybrasco

Thanks, does this include the Telkom line Rental and how about all the talk about crazy shaping that MWeb is up to?

Anthro

Expert Member
Did you not read the press release ? MWEB don't shape... :wtf::sick:
I am getting my Vox Datapro account details tomorrow.. will let you guys know

donnybrasco

Read the press but what MWeb will say is a different story from the user. I gues will look into hooking up with them but I wonder whether the move is smooth so to say.....Anyone know how long this transition could take????

Anthro

Expert Member
That was said in jest by the way - I have found some people get shaped to death, others (by using the right encryption and protocols) don't get shaped at all... and pull about 500gigs sofar ;-0