Switching from Telkom to Mweb

Knowing Onion

Hey guys so I wanted to know how this works. I want to switch from Telkom adsl to Mweb adsl so can i just cancel my telkom internet, keep the landline line and switch to Mweb?

MEIOT

Expert Member
That's like switching from Afrihost to CoolIdeas (or even vice versa)

:ROFL:

The whole point of life is to improve your lot - not move from mediocrity and incompetence to mediocrity and incompetence.

Last edited:

Knowing Onion

That's like switching from Afrihost to CoolIdeas (or even vice versa)

:ROFL:

The whole point of life is to improve your lot - not move from mediocrity and incompetence to mediocrity and incompetence.
than what’s a good ISP to move to from Telkom?

argh

Hey guys so I wanted to know how this works. I want to switch from Telkom adsl to Mweb adsl so can i just cancel my telkom internet, keep the landline line and switch to Mweb?
To move your ADSL from Telkom to Mweb, you have to ask Telkom to put your ADSL line in a holding pool. Once it is there, Mweb can take the ADSL line over. However, also ask Telkom if they know when the copper services in your area are likely to be terminated. Telkom is discontinuing landlines and ADSL lines all over South Africa. If Telkom has not yet notified you of this, they are likely to do so in the future.

isie

Honorary Master
You haven't mentioned any reasons you want to move?
Honestly Mweb FUP on ADSL is **** Telkom's is actually better.
I would stick to Telkom on ADSL , unless there's some issue?

Kabal

That is like moving from Satan to Diablo .... Mweb = the plague . They sell you uncapped , but on different tiers . They advertise uncapped at a certain speed , but that is the entry level option at that speed for example:

2 mbps uncapped adsl on at R99 per month ( not true price but for example )

What they dont tell you is that 2 meg is actually capped but not defined as such in the FUP . You get only about 100 gigs per month . Not sure on exact amount . The you have another 2 mps option option lets call in 2 meg premium , you get 150 gig per month BUT at a higher price . then you get 2 meg gold or some **** that is even more expensive and you get say 200 gig . That was how they got me years ago . Told them to stick it and went some place else .

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Yes, stay where you are. There is no advantage at all in switching ADSL services at this late stage in the ADSL game in SA, especially not to MWEB and a few other ISPs.

Unless you are of course keen on experiencing all sorts of issues ............