Syncing Blackberry Group Calendar and Google Calendar

soundbase

I have set up a group on my Blackberry and a Group Calendar so that my wife and I can share calendar events. We both also have Google Calendars and I was wondering what is the best way to sync up our Blackberry Group calendar events with our Google Calendars

p.s. We are on Mac.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Using the web browser interface you can setup your phone to automatically sync contacts, email and calendars with google.

Aessa

I tried several things and in the end I added her gmail account on my phone and mine on her's. You then need to disable anything you can find that tries to receive the other account's email and from the email setup app/webpage the final barrier is to change the filter setting: If no filters match: Do not forward email to this device.

Then you can finally select synchronising just the calendar and you will have both gmail calendars visible in your calendar view. This works best for us and updates quick enough. Just do not enable contacts sync unless you really know the same people and work at the same place and so on.

Basically, if you do not stop the email forwarding with the filter, you will end up with mail alerts for an email account you've probably hidden the icon for and not shown it in any message list.