Takealot Vouchers (Begging) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure - it's more like a daily deal. Purchased the item at the reduced price. Once the transaction was successfully processed check the item again. Back to normal price. Bought GTA V 5 for R315 RRP R450
What do you mean? :confused: The normal GTA 5 price for the PC is R639.

edit: R433 on PS3 and XBox360, PayDay Promo price.
R741 on PS4.
 
Last edited:
Since Thursday I have seen 4 different prices for a UPS one of which was the payday promo price. I cannot tell what is the normal price as the current price is R30 cheaper than the price I paid and R20 more than the payday price.

The timeline price in these 3 days are approximately R550, R599, R610, R570 (I don't recall exact prices)
 
Pay Day promotion started on Thursday morning.

Managed to get my hands on Grand Theft Auto V R315 on XBOX 360, noticed in the morning price changed to R450 thereafter to R433. Today bought another item on Takealot under their PayDay promotion. Once the transaction went through successfully. Decided to check how much stock is still available and noticed the price went back to its original price. It seems stocks are limited at listed PayDay promo. Example wanted to finalise a purchase for a Fragram petrol trimmer for R1499 new price R2199 was also listed on a payday promo

View attachment 218770


2015-05-21 07.35.54.png
 
Maybe they have become so sophisticated that the prices change on a per acc basis, you buy one on the special and then for you only when you view the item that's been ordered on the listing page the price has jumped back up.
 
Not sure - it's more like a daily deal. Purchased the item at the reduced price. Once the transaction was successfully processed check the item again. Back to normal price. Bought GTA V 5 for R315 RRP R450

You should always choose eft as payment then change to credit card afterwards.
 
Maybe they have become so sophisticated that the prices change on a per acc basis, you buy one on the special and then for you only when you view the item that's been ordered on the listing page the price has jumped back up.


Possibly what you saying could be true with regards to free delivery on orders below R250 somehow they have to subside the fee on other products. Add R1 extra on some departments.. Unless they have an algorithm in place whereby you purchase an item at the lower price therefore upping other stufF..

What I have noticed if an item is below cost price the system they have in place won't release the item it has to be done manually...
 
I am sorry to say this. I preferred kalahari by far. When paying by EFT their system would automatically change the invoice/reference to paid. Now you've to wait until someone changes it manually.

Now with vouchers being available.. Do you spend the same amount of money like you did on Kalahari on takealot.
 
I would have a guilty conscience for life.

+1
Just because everybody is unethical doesn't mean you should. I sincerely believe that if you are the type to take advantage of somebody's mistake then you have no room to complain when you get done in.
 
Yep, honesty is the best policy.

What I did find odd though, was their blasé attitude when I informed them.

Means it happens more often than we are aware as they have become used to it being reported to them
 
I am sorry to say this. I preferred kalahari by far. When paying by EFT their system would automatically change the invoice/reference to paid. Now you've to wait until someone changes it manually.

Use the instant EFT option dude. It is instant for me 99.99% of the time.
 
Use the instant EFT option dude. It is instant for me 99.99% of the time.

I always use my mobile to transact with Takealot. In future will try the website if my order . is greater than R250 > . I miss Kalahari every month there would be vouchers given out. Now to get vouchers you've to be an fnb customer or you've to take part in sporting event.

I benefited from Kalahari merger voucher R50.. In future I am going to buy a gift voucher and apply it :) problem solved.
 
Ordered something last night and the email said delivered is expected on Thursday. Was very surprised when I got the item before 2pm today!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X