Takealot Vouchers (Begging) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't upload it as a picture/attachment (probably too new of a user) but "acerchrome" gives R250 off any (you guessed it!) Acer Chromebook, though there seems to only be two models eligible. Coupon's valid till the 19th February or the first 150 purchases.
 
So I ordered a Canon SX50 from Takealot. It arrived today and the camera seems to have been used. The items in the box wasn't in the plastic, the camera strap was already attached and the lens has some definite smudges/dirt on it. How on earth can Takealot send a used item to a customer?
 
So I ordered a Canon SX50 from Takealot. It arrived today and the camera seems to have been used. The items in the box wasn't in the plastic, the camera strap was already attached and the lens has some definite smudges/dirt on it. How on earth can Takealot send a used item to a customer?

Was it a TA box or something else
 
Take it up with them . More likely was from a third party seller . I've never had anything but excellent service from Takealot.
 
The SX50 is discontinued so it's definitely not a new one.
 
Take it up with them . More likely was from a third party seller . I've never had anything but excellent service from Takealot.

Have already started a return.

The SX50 is discontinued so it's definitely not a new one.

It was offered at 50% off so I thought it was just clearing out old stock. It was shown as "In stock" at Takelot. I hardly think selling a returned item would be ethical without explicitly stating it as such.
 
Similar thing happened to my friend who ordered some earphones from takealot. They were clearly used when they arrived so they replaced them for him. Might be a returned item that they try repackage as new?
 
So I ordered a Canon SX50 from Takealot. It arrived today and the camera seems to have been used. The items in the box wasn't in the plastic, the camera strap was already attached and the lens has some definite smudges/dirt on it. How on earth can Takealot send a used item to a customer?

Happened to me as well, when I ordered a spare charger for my laptop. Was a "sold by Tangled electronics" though which I didnt notice at the time. Complained on helopeter, and takealot replaced it for me with a brand new one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X