Taxi Strike

phiber

Expert Member
Hi Guys, anyone have any news on the taxi strike, is it happening today or tomorrow ? Are they going to close highways ?

ryu

Expert Member
nothing here in the CBD so far .... traffic looked normal as well this morning. maybe they starting in soweto and making their way to the cbd and other area's later in the day ???

/i say starting in soweto because iirc thats were the first bus is going

dlk001

Executive Member
Hi Guys, anyone have any news on the taxi strike, is it happening today or tomorrow ? Are they going to close highways ?
There is a Taxi stay away today and tomorrow is a planned strike.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Took me 30 mins to get to work this morning! Was great... except for that stupid cow in her White Land Rover XRY 903 GP :D

cr@zydude

Executive Member
They're on what they call a 'go slow'. There is also a meeting today where taxi bosses will decide wether or not to go on strike.

Necuno

Court Jester
suppose go slow or stay away is better than killing off each other and brt, unfortunately the commuters are at a lost here, sigh.

Last edited:

phiber

Expert Member
nothing here in the CBD so far .... traffic looked normal as well this morning. maybe they starting in soweto and making their way to the cbd and other area's later in the day ???

/i say starting in soweto because iirc thats were the first bus is going
Yea, nothing here where i am as well. Just wondering i needed to panic on my way home. Guess i can panic tomorrow ;)

If anyone hears that they are definetly striking tomorrow, please post it here, as I will have to get into work before 7 to avoid it!

Thanks.

Balstrome

Banned
One thing the Taxi bosses don't want is for their customers to realise that they have a choice. Imagine the customers refusing to ride in taxi's that are unsafe, the owners will have to improve them or face ruin. That is the message we should be spreading among the taxi users. They have a right to a better, safer trip.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
One thing the Taxi bosses don't want is for their customers to realise that they have a choice. Imagine the customers refusing to ride in taxi's that are unsafe, the owners will have to improve them or face ruin. That is the message we should be spreading among the taxi users. They have a right to a better, safer trip.
Well, I think that many commuters have realised that. Just look at how many people used the BRT this morning. They had to use extra busses due to the HUGE demand. :D

Albereth

Honorary Master
I think the taxi industry should be nationalised. The government should appropriate all of the taxis.

RPG_Fan

Well, I think that many commuters have realised that. Just look at how many people used the BRT this morning. They had to use extra busses due to the HUGE demand. :D
I don't think the communters really had a choice. Shows how much they are against competition.

phiber

Expert Member
In the office today, no traffic and no strike. Metro and Gauteng Highway patrol are out in full force incase the taxi drivers get violent ( i did drive in at 7.15 though, so it might only be starting later).

McSack

Executive Member
In the office today, no traffic and no strike. Metro and Gauteng Highway patrol are out in full force ....
Now why can't they do this every day. Traffic was a breeze into the CB this morning... only a handful of chops misbehaving.

actually a sad reflection on jozie drivers that we always need to be policed in order to obey road rules and be a bit courteous :(

phiber

Expert Member
Now why can't they do this every day. Traffic was a breeze into the CB this morning... only a handful of chops misbehaving.

actually a sad reflection on jozie drivers that we always need to be policed in order to obey road rules and be a bit courteous :(
No dude, there are no taxi's on the road... Means less people getting cut of and shoved off the roads, therefore less people are frustrated so less people driving like idiots. Its not the cops that are putting people straight, its the lack of taxis.