Telkom 40Mbps DSL network back on track

Could I please have a working 4Mbps DSL network first, please.

I live in the middle of Joburg, not some out-of-the-way area.

Actually, that is the problem, nothing works in this area because of congestion.

Telkom, fix your backbones first !!!

I really can't see why I should be forced to use mobile broadband because of poor service from Telkom !!!

Glad i was wrong about a bad feeling. Any upgrades these guys are doing is good news no matter what.

@Jola, try to PM ranger, he can hopefully point you in the right direction :).

Can't even get a line into our new place - techie said just to use 3G - so no cheering on my side

Don't think that there is anything simple to be done, Telkom just has to fix their backbones.

But I am not sure that I will live that long !

surely Telkom first needs to win the case in the Supreme Court of Appeal before they can continue?:confused:

Still waiting for a stable 4 mbps connection.... at home AND at the office. :(

Is Telkom now re-commencing the work on the pilot sites, which fall outside of the tenders under review, or are they going to start working on the new sites (per the new tender)?

Actually, that is the problem, nothing works in this area because of congestion.

You did of course read the article I'm sure. The same one which happened to be about Telkom wanting to revamp their infrastructure.

I'm pretty sure that this is the whole point of the project. They are rolling out over 3700 MSAN's to increase speeds and reduce congestion.

I wonder what the 40Mbps line will cost? Seeing that there are some ISP with very competitive prices like the 10Mbps line for under R1000. I understand that mweb is relooking at their 10mb line uncapped package price and I hope they reduce the price which will force them to drop the 4mb line price as well... So if mweb does drop their 10mb line to under or close to R1000 I wonder what the 40mb line will go for... Im guessing around R2999... what do you guys think?

I am still waiting for the 10MB service and can't afford the 4MB uncapped. this means absolutely nothing to most people I think

I am still waiting for the 10MB service and can't afford the 4MB uncapped. this means absolutely nothing to most people I think
If your current infrastructure cannot handle 10Mb/s why bother wanting 10Mb/s? Rather let them upgrade it to 40Mb/s and increase the backhaul at the same time. This way everybody wins, whether on 1Mb/s or 40Mb/s.

Back