Telkom Contract Application approval times

Nerhzelok

Expert Member
Hi all,

I applied for a Telkom mobile contract in store on Thursday last week and am currently still waiting for a response from them as to whether or not I've been approved/rejected.
Last bit of information I received was that they were "building a business profile" of me. They've got all my information, work details, payslip, 3 month bank statement etc.
I wanted to know, is this is the typical wait times when applying for a mobile contract with them?

What iffed me was that I didn't receive any updates during the process, I've had to call and message their FB and Twitter pages numerous times to get anything out of them.

As for whether or not I can "afford" it, I've a good credit rating and have more than ample funds left after the usual deductions month-to-month.

It's frustrating the hell out of me. My current phone is broken and starting to get a little desperate. It's literally worse than getting a car financed.

JayN

Based on my experience, its usually been instant - there an then. They load up the data, its approved and I've walked out the store with a new phone / contract. Something must have come up on their system as a flag.

Nerhzelok

Expert Member
Based on my experience, its usually been instant - there an then. They load up the data, its approved and I've walked out the store with a new phone / contract. Something must have come up on their system as a flag.
That's almost been my experience with CellC a while ago. Went through around 10am, filled out application, they said I'll receive a message/call on status update. Around 4pm same day, got the notification, picked up phone, left a happy chappy.

Dlamaqhinga

Expert Member
It should be / is immediately, yesterday I applied for a new contract and was in and out of store within 5 minutes, I would siggest you go back to the store and inquire from them what is the hold up.

Nerhzelok

Expert Member
It should be / is immediately, yesterday I applied for a new contract and was in and out of store within 5 minutes, I would siggest you go back to the store and inquire from them what is the hold up.
I'll do that, thanks. Headed to the store when they open up.

My transition to Telkom mobile was supposed to be on the same day as I was an existing customer for them, but it ended up taking 6 days and a few prompts from myself to have it done.