Telkom Coverage Map - is it All LTE ??

Nardeth

Hello MyBroadband

i Just Checked the Telkom Coverage, Tokai is Fully Covered but its Pink. is the Dark Pink LTE? how do i Check LTE-A ?

Thanks

cavedog

Honorary Master
The LTE map is very misleading as it only shows 2300MHz LTE and NOT 1800MHz LTE. IF you check Telkom 3G coverage that could give you an indication of 1800MHz LTE coverage as far as I could tell all the Telkom 3G towers has LTE 1800Mhz on them. Light blue is 2300MHz and dark blue is LTE-A and once again LTE-A map is also very outdated as I'm covered by full signal LTE-A but it does not even show up on the map.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Telkom has shrinked LTE coverage in our area, officially we are not covered, but we were covered before. It happened when they removed funny rockets from the map.

dotcat

The LTE map is very misleading as it only shows 2300MHz LTE and NOT 1800MHz LTE. IF you check Telkom 3G coverage that could give you an indication of 1800MHz LTE coverage as far as I could tell all the Telkom 3G towers has LTE 1800Mhz on them. Light blue is 2300MHz and dark blue is LTE-A and once again LTE-A map is also very outdated as I'm covered by full signal LTE-A but it does not even show up on the map.
That may be the case in cities but not in more rural areas. My phone often switches to Telkom 3G.

cavedog

Honorary Master
That may be the case in cities but not in more rural areas. My phone often switches to Telkom 3G.
Well I guess in most cases. I can use Empangeni KZN as an example. No LTE coverage as per the map. I did tests and the whole town is covered by LTE but not a single 2300MHz tower all 1800MHz LTE.

dotcat

Well I guess in most cases. I can use Empangeni KZN as an example. No LTE coverage as per the map. I did tests and the whole town is covered by LTE but not a single 2300MHz tower all 1800MHz LTE.
Ok had to drive down the coast so kept an eye on the LTE coverage. cavedog is quite right - all 1800mhz has LTE. All the umts and hdspa was on band 1 or 2100mhz.

cavedog

Honorary Master
How do you check for different tower spectrum?
I doubt that is possible.

Most towers support

Band 1 - 5MHz down and up
Band 3 - 10MHz down and up
Band 40 - 20MHz down/up

phex

I doubt that is possible.

Most towers support

Band 1 - 5MHz down and up
Band 3 - 10MHz down and up
Band 40 - 20MHz down/up
Can you kindly clarify between Spectrum, Band and Bandwidth in RADIO TELECOMMUNICATIONS industry.
Lately I find them confusing