Telkom free ADSL speed upgrades announced

Sadly they still refuse to install a line at my house. Still have an open order from 13 September 2010 (got the ref number too). *sigh*

ok, so will 384 going to 1024 still have a upload of 128? or will the upload be bumped up to 512 as well??

This will definitely make me a Telkom customer again.

Wireless is cool if you have no other way of getting ADSL ,but the stable connection that a fixed line gives is unbeatable.

good news,
wonder when this will kick in.
So that I can immediately downgrade my 2mb to a 1mb and save some moolah every month :)

Well i get to keep my mybb cap and not eat it :D.

<3 Telkom

Yes upload will be boosted to 512 for 1MB users, 2048 should be same speed aswell :p

This article seems a bit silly, the content is not very informative and seems to be just to fill the page for the heading :confused:

This article seems a bit silly, the content is not very informative and seems to be just to fill the page for the heading :confused:
It's hot off the press.

Looks like MyBB were first to break the news.

More details will probably become available later.

The "up to" speed upgrades are welcome and long overdue but I have to wonder how many people currently on up to 384kbps will not get significantly faster speeds up to 1024kbps.

said Manelisa Mavuso, Telkom’s managing director for consumer services and retail.
It doesn't matter what she/he said because it was all a load of Telkom BS.

Last edited:
No, I checked both... Went from the MyBB article to TC - MyBB beat them (again).

On 1 June 2012, Telkom announced that it will upgrade its ‘Up to 384 kbps’ ADSL subscribers to ‘Up to 1024 kbps’ and its ‘Up to 1024 kbps’ ADSL users to ‘Up to 2048 kbps’.

Might even be worth downgrading to 2048kbps.

Back