Telkom Internet Capped/Uncapped User Feedback (Pt2)

stealthhawk

Spoke to Telkom about my line disconnecting during the day and night and how most people in my area and even as far as 80km is experiencing the same problem. Phoned again about 3 times and they said they have no idea that there is a problem on their network and no one from Telkom reported any downtime to them. :|

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Spoke to Telkom about my line disconnecting during the day and night and how most people in my area and even as far as 80km is experiencing the same problem. Phoned again about 3 times and they said they have no idea that there is a problem on their network and no one from Telkom reported any downtime to them. :|
I have canceled and moved to ignite (Internet Soultions)
Had this problem for over 2 weeks, logged faults, emailed tests and to date I have not had any feedback.

Arksun

Expert Member
7 traffic stalls in the last four hours. This is becoming aggravating to say the least. Is there any new information about what's going on?

Hummercellc

Expert Member
7 traffic stalls in the last four hours. This is becoming aggravating to say the least. Is there any new information about what's going on?
I am no longer using my TI account, but my sister has my LTE router and she says it is still dropping, often.
She is not technically minded, so can't ask her to do pings or trace routes.

Mannemarak

Same. I hate Telkom.
Can't wait for Fibre in my area.
just hoping it will be a better experience, openserve basicly done with deployment in my street, but it's overhead, and im already concerned about the troops of monkeys and over head fibre in my area.

little black boxy thing is up by the pole close to my house in a complex, so ye im close

OtakuD

Something incredibly strange happened to my Telkom usage last night, supposedly I've used over 30GB in 24hrs which means a near full throttle connection but my home network only shows 10GB at most. Is there somewhere I can query this or get more info?

S7wede

Expert Member
Can anybody else who is on a home unlimited ADSL bundle please help me understand the FUP protocol. I'm at 559GB with the usage indicator sitting at around 60%. I'm on the 10Mbps package if that makes a difference.

Rogene7714

Never had a problem with my ADSL line, was installed within the period specified and has never been down. just don't try to upgrade your line, or expect to receive everything they state in their add. The call center is useless and employs only people with an IQ below 30. And it seems no managers who monitor the lines.

Rogene7714

Can anybody else who is on a home unlimited ADSL bundle please help me understand the FUP protocol. I'm at 559GB with the usage indicator sitting at around 60%. I'm on the 10Mbps package if that makes a difference.
On a 10Mbps you have 900GB per month. Your line speed will be dropped to 4Mbps if you reach 50% of the 900GB for 2 hours. At 75% usage your speed will be dropped for 4 hours and at 100% for the rest of the month. you will also only receive 900GB the next month up to the date your reached 100% the previous month.

Fox1

Expert Member
Anyone else notice the Telkom User Control Panel is showing their 4mbps account as 4-10mpbs?

cobusv

thats because there is no 4 meg accounts, all 4 meg accounts was upgraded to 10mb from what i remember

Moto Guzzi

Hi, I never had a problem with Telkom Internet or ADSL for last 10 years as far as I can remember.

This month:
Now suddenly my cap of 100gb ran out on 97% with 2.x% left, but that small reserve I cannot use at full speed as all these years up to 100%. I am now reduced to slowest speed ast 97% usage it states. This never happened before.
Anybody else experieneced this type of thing with Telkom Internet-?

Arksun

Expert Member
My average usage is around 350GB a month. Somehow I passed the 800GB mark this month.