Telkom Internet Capped/Uncapped User Feedback (Pt2)

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Anyone else seeing Packet Loss in KZN?

EDIT:
YouTube running at a whole 3mbps of 20mbps.

Last edited:

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Terrible performance tonight over all. On top of the traffic stalling.
Time to cancel and move on.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Looks like I will be doing the same soon as well.
Myself and 10 others have all submitted cancelation in our area already during the week. We gave up.
None of us have had much joy in logging faults. Not sure who the others are moving to.
I am looking at Ignite for DSL data.
Running a ignite capped account to test with, not a single drop so far.

OtakuD

Glad to see this is a thing and not just isolated cases, sad to see nobody seems to have had any joy fixing it though.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Well I have moved ISPs.
And don't care that I am paying for two DSL accounts at this point.
At least I have a working internet connection now.
Now to get Telkom to cancel my data account.
Support has been no help in the two weeks of complaints I have logged.
Really a poor show from Telkom.
Cleary we are not valued clients, and they Telkom are happy for us to just leave.
Sorry Telkom, but I stuck it out and could not carry on like this.
Case closed for me.

Fox1

Expert Member
Myself and 10 others have all submitted cancelation in our area already during the week. We gave up.
None of us have had much joy in logging faults. Not sure who the others are moving to.
I am looking at Ignite for DSL data.
Running a ignite capped account to test with, not a single drop so far.
Tried Axxess? I found they are great and the option of having control via the app and 3 months roll over is amazing.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Well I have moved ISPs.
And don't care that I am paying for two DSL accounts at this point.
At least I have a working internet connection now.
Now to get Telkom to cancel my data account.
Support has been no help in the two weeks of complaints I have logged.
Really a poor show from Telkom.
Cleary we are not valued clients, and they Telkom are happy for us to just leave.
Sorry Telkom, but I stuck it out and could not carry on like this.
Case closed for me.
You should be able to cancel your Telkom data account via their online portal. I helped my father to cancel his via the portal and it worked like a charm. Didn't even log anything. I cancelled my line and ADSL via the online portal too without any issues. Guess we were just lucky that the cancellation worked without a hitch for us.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
You should be able to cancel your Telkom data account via their online portal. I helped my father to cancel his via the portal and it worked like a charm. Didn't even log anything. I cancelled my line and ADSL via the online portal too without any issues. Guess we were just lucky that the cancellation worked without a hitch for us.
I have done the online cancelation, waiting for the call back.
Telkom really do have a great network, and an advantage over other providers due to thier extensive network.

However when things break, it is difficult to get them resolved or even report it.
Such a shame, Telkom has so much potential, if only they would put their customers first and listen to us.

They have created a brand that everyone perceives as inferior, due to the sheer lack of customer service, plus their lack of empathy towards customers, but they only have themselves to blame.

Telkom is its own worst enemy, don't get me wrong, there are people within Telkom who go out of thier way to assist, but a handful of people can't carry the can alone.

Mannemarak

Well im having a great time in Durban, 20% packet loss, and the most random DC's at the best times, browsing even local is absolutely terrible, saw the fibre rolls down the road, it's openserve so don't know if i should be happy or will i be screwed for life...

KingLv

So what is the average day of the month you guys finish you 300GB?

I usually get to about the 18th of the month if i'm lucky.
My Xbox One and Youtube kills most of my data.

FUTLORD_ZA

Been through 5 technicians, yes 5. They say everything is fine. Then proceed to close the cases without checking back. First one said the router must've been faulty. Went to telkom. They say it's fine. The recent gentleman says they installed new components at the exchange for my line.. Today, Boom! still dropping. He said he would call to check whether there's still problems, he hasn't called. Problems started 8th October. The internet drops twice a day minimum then comes back on after a few mins. This is frustrating as a person who games online and streams.

FUTLORD_ZA

Alw
Been through 5 technicians, yes 5. They say everything is fine. Then proceed to close the cases without checking back. First one said the router must've been faulty. Went to telkom. They say it's fine. The recent gentleman says they installed new components at the exchange for my line.. Today, Boom! still dropping. He said he would call to check whether there's still problems, he hasn't called. Problems started 8th October. The internet drops twice a day minimum then comes back on after a few mins. This is frustrating as a person who games online and streams.
Based in Durban