• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Any configuration one has to do? Or do you just install and it automatically does what it needs to? Or do you have to indicate which apps you want to have ads blocked?
For me it just works automatically with regards to blocking Terrarium and Youtube ads.

Ryan Innes

Please let me know how you went about this? Certain Apps like Netflix are not working properly or load very slowly.
I've sideloaded the Netflix apk listed on the previous page or two, can't remember offhand. with regards to the static route I'm connected via ethernet, IP settings, static. I noticed that the third set of digits in the ip address for both the assigned address and router address were missing a digit,add in missing digit, next put the dns providers details in and sorted.

I've noticed that my load time is slow either way and streaming on the ESPN app is terrible, this is off a 40mbps VDSL line.

Still can't get the Eurosport APK to work:confused:

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Not picking up at all. Only the 1 port picked up my drive initially.
Hmmm ... , USB ports are funny things - USB memory sticks and drives are even stranger.

Have a Samsung USB 3 memory stick that does not get picked up by the USB 3 port or the USB 2 port next to it on the left hand side of my Lenovo laptop, but works perfectly on th USB 2 port on the right hand side of the laptop - an assorted number of other USB devices have other preferences on other computers - a Razer Naga gaming mouse has similar issues with being fussy about ports etc.

Ricebowl

I've sideloaded the Netflix apk listed on the previous page or two, can't remember offhand. with regards to the static route I'm connected via ethernet, IP settings, static. I noticed that the third set of digits in the ip address for both the assigned address and router address were missing a digit,add in missing digit, next put the dns providers details in and sorted.

I've noticed that my load time is slow either way and streaming on the ESPN app is terrible, this is off a 40mbps VDSL line.

Still can't get the Eurosport APK to work:confused:
I see, well I've gone back to Google's public DNS for now and I'm using Terrarium TV with Real Debrid to sort everybody out so long

Ecco

Executive Member
Nope, i requested feedback from the online store regarding the polarity, they were unable to get an answer from their supplier. So then i didnt bother checking if the thing will fit either.

I resorted to a DIY job, bought some of the connectors as per the top left below. Hooked that up to the ends of the two pin prongs on the adapter and to some wire to a 3 pin plug.
connector.jpg

PDF_27

I've noticed my cast button is no longer appearing on the DStv now app. YouTube and Netflix are able to cast to the LIT and Mibox, but for some reason only DStv now isn't giving me the option anymore. I've tried rebooting my phone, the modem and router several times with no success. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. They all on the same WiFi network, same SSID. Anyone else experiencing this or know a solution?

Last edited:

Speedster

Executive Member
I've noticed my cast button is no longer appearing on the DStv now app. YouTube and Netflix are able to cast to the LIT and Mibox, but for some reason only DStv now isn't giving me the option anymore. I've tried rebooting my phone, the modem and router several times with no success. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. They all on the same WiFi network, same SSID. Anyone else experiencing this or know a solution?
Why not just use the dstv now app on the LIT / MiBox?

joshuatree

Chromecast still works with DstvNow. It seems it has something to do with the device you are casting from in combination with the app.

PDF_27

Why not just use the dstv now app on the LIT / MiBox?
Because I then have to register the device under my 4 devices allowed, and currently all 4 spots are taken. Would be redundant... But I see the option is back. Must be some issue like Joshuatree stated.