Telkom Smart Broadband Uncapped LTE

NicVegas

Hi

I signed up for the Telkom Smart Broadband Uncapped LTE deal when it first arrived back in 2016.

I have been struggling with speeds for some time and have started to wonder what the FUP is on this package. I have read differing details such as it is limited to 10mbps for the 1st 150gb and then drops as you go along.

The T&C's I have from the original contract state:
The SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless service shall be offered at full speeds (no time limit applies)
for all traffic types except bandwidth intensive protocols or applications which shall be at full speed
between 12am – 6pm if within the 50GB cap. Once a subscriber reaches the 50GB cap the bandwidth
intensive protocols or applications shall be throttled to 128kbps speed for the rest of the month. Full
Speeds shall resume at the beginning of the next calendar month

Looks like complete rubbish.

Does anyone know what the actual FUP is?

Thanks

netstrider

Expert Member
AFAIK the original uncapped had no speed limits, but that may have changed as they adjusted the product over time.

The 150GB soft cap is for the recent uncapped package, but they may have implemented it across the board.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Use the Telkom WhatsApp support channel, it will give you more detailed info with your FUP.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
AFAIK the original uncapped had no speed limits, but that may have changed as they adjusted the product over time.

The 150GB soft cap is for the recent uncapped package, but they may have implemented it across the board.
The original has a 300GB FUP, then half speed for the next 50GB, then half again for the remainder of the month.

NicVegas

Thanks for the responses. I will have a chat to them and confirm the above

NicVegas

They confirm the capped accounts are limited to 10mbps as a start. Not all that convinced especially since the speed tests are coming in between 20 and 40 at the moment.