Telkom versus Neotel

webslave

Fck u telkom now I can completely cut you off. Neotel for landline and Cell C for internet.

Neotel does not supply a landline. If it did we would not be having this discussion. They supply a US CDMA brick/cellyular phone and then tell you oh its a land line, for it to be a land LINE it has to have a physical line or cable. Not so.

ads

I would expect a site like MyBB to know that telkom only adjust prices in August.

Mostly true - they generally use that opportunity to raise their prices as much as ICASA will allow - except last year, when the pressure from their shareholder (or maybe parliament) was unbearable, and they dropped their prices a bit following the interconnect rate cuts in March 2010. They've obviously now decided they've done enough already, and can just keep milking the public.

There is at least one Competition Commission case pending on Telkom's pricing (not the actual prices, but the kind of anti-competitive structure you can see clearly in the tables), and maybe they're waiting for the outcome of that case.

XWare

Ye maybe its time to look at Neotel .. else is it worth trying VOIP services instead ?

simbao53

Quite impressive... Telkom simply remains too stubborn.

Good for Neotel. Though I must point out that this comparison is not done with the Telkom 'Closer Plan 2' or higher with is practically free after 7pm and weekends considering the fact that my entire landline address list sadly still only has Telkom #!

Still, Shame on you Telkom, Shame!

IvanRSA

If only Neotel was this 'consumer driven' in their many (now failed) attempts to live up to their SNO mandate and obligations...

rvanwyk

Expert Member
Has the quality of Calls improved for Neotel. Last i checked it would drop randomly and was often unclear.

yes. i have spoken to many people with neotel lines overt the phone and they are generally very unclear. sometime so bad that i phone them on their cellphones rather.

uduwar

Word up to the neotel, pity their uncapped wimax is still pricey would love to give it a go!

Necksy

Whats the point of this? Neotel does not work & Telkom is still reaping us off. whats new?

microduma

Telkom @ 18c/min or Neotel @ 15c/min : who is cheaper?

Did I read this correctly, is it cheaper to call a local Telkom number (off peak) from Neotel?

With Telkom you start paying as soon as the phone is picked up on the other side. With Neotel, you pay from the moment the connection is made ie while the phone is ringing also. Who is cheaper sort of depends on how fast the phone is answered.:wtf: