Telkomsa email down

upup

Executive Member
My internet is fine, but my email will not send or receive. Is there a few for me to test it, eg ping type of test.
At some stage they did say they will upgrade there side, I must make backup.
Email address is myself@telkomsa.net

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Move on over to Tutanota/Mailbox.org etc. Only €12 per year for a 1gb mailbox at Tutanota with a custom domain and catchall and $8.5 for a domain at Porkbun/Namecheap etc. Cheap as chips.

Last edited:

clickingbuttons

Gandi gives you a 2gb mailbox along with 2 email accounts when you renew or register your domain through them.

ld13

Honorary Master
Did not know it was ever 'up', to begin with. I have spent so much time troubleshooting telkom email that I simply do not bother anymore.

Quintrix

My mail started breathing again this morning after being lifeless for a few days. Mail was on the Telkom server but never downloaded to client until this morning

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Trying to remotely get Telkom going for my dad. Looks like they have send a SMS to all their clients asking them to reset their password. (Sounds like phishing, but link was legit. I checked)

Very strange. Was Telkom hacked?

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
My E-mail inter problems(Sending SAIX) disappeared all by itself, until recently I have no access to e-mail PSW rejected. Ok so I logged in & changed the PSW and now it works, the alias e-mail was not effected by PSW issue.
Security issue Telkom INternet: So what I find strange is they send me an SMS with my new PSW spelled out fully to my cell phone. After the E-mail came right, I received loads of spam.
Now, I would think this is a big security mistake from their side, don't you-?

ld13

Honorary Master
Security issue Telkom INternet: So what I find strange is they send me an SMS with my new PSW spelled out fully to my cell phone. After the E-mail came right, I received loads of spam.
Now, I would think this is a big security mistake from their side, don't you-?
No?

nanna

I have had the exact same porblem. and Also EVERY day they tell me to dele mail from my webmail account or it will be trashed. I think after 57 years I am done
that is why I am trying to find a new server for land line and mail etc

argh

I have had the exact same porblem. and Also EVERY day they tell me to dele mail from my webmail account or it will be trashed. I think after 57 years I am done
that is why I am trying to find a new server for land line and mail etc
After having Telkom email for decades, usually problem-free, it started giving me problems towards the end of last year. With their so-called upgrades they have been doing on it for months this year, it just keeps getting worse. Many times, I can't access it at all. After the SMS, about 2 weeks ago, saying I must contact Telkom to change the password, everything worked fine for about 2 days. Since then, I can receive email at times, but not send at all. I am now changing over from Telkom email to outlook.com, and gmail. Phoning technical help resulted in the call being disconnected at each attempt; after weeks of trying, I managed to log a fault yesterday. I doubt if anyone from Telkom will contact me.

When Telkom discontinued copper phone lines and ADSL lines in my area, I changed to Cell C's prepaid Anynet calling plans (eg R200 for 15 hours, valid for 30 days), and Cell C's prepaid Gb valid for a year. The Gb are loaded onto a sim card in a portable/mifi modem also bought from Cell C. I have had zero problems with my Cell C products, and usually good customer service when I need it.

There are also very good fibre and LTE options becoming available all the time, eg Mweb and others offer Telkom/Openserve fibre starting at R399/month. Mweb also offers email. Vox Voip unlimited calls start at R175/month. I see all the cellphone providers are offering good LTE prices, as are ISPs like Mweb, Afrihost, Axxess, etc. I see that MTN has new 'Made for Home" fixed LTE 24-month contracts, eg 75Gb anytime +75Gb night data, R400/month, 110 anytime + 110 Night Gb night Gb R500/month (see page 18 of MTN's July 2020 'Yellotrader" magazine, available from their website and shops)..

Last edited:

Daisy Cloudskitter

Expert Member
I changed to alternative email but still have a few mails going to Telkom inbox.

Suddenly last week webmail PW was invalid. eventually got through to10210 tech. dept. Agent changed PW & I got in to the mail, then call dropped before she told me how to change the ' temp' PW she gave me. Can't log into their portal at all. Received no follow up SMS or mail, so the damn ' temp' PW Telkom gave me is the only one now. o_O

@Moto Guzzi , appreciate if you'll share how you changed your mail PW please ? You said you logged in, so presuming you accessed the portal...but I'm kinda hoping you might've found another way to change PW somewhere in the mailbox ( can't find anything and I'm really loathe to spend another hour with 10210 & probably get cut off again).:(