TelkomZA

McGuywer

Executive Member
I have send numerous numerous numerous DM's to [MENTION=258937]TelkomZA[/MENTION] starting on the 24 July.
I have received limited to no response.
Last response was on 10 August.
[MENTION=1]rpm[/MENTION],
Can I ask a favour? (Obviously you know what it is.....)

stocksie

I want to give a GREAT THANK YOU to TelkomZA for sorting out my new ADSL after a housemove. Telkom shop and 10213 were adamant that I would never get anything higher than 4Mbps as that what the "system said".

I PM'ed TelkomZA to see if he could help and he tested the line and saw that it showed I could attain 8mbps but the DP (distribution point) only supported speeds up to 4mbps and he enquired whether the DP speed could be upgraded.

This morning I got a message:
The DP speed was upgraded. A consultant is busy processing your line speed upgrade, up to 8mbps.

I now have my line syncing at 8Mbps

THANK YOU

ronnie_94

I want to give a GREAT THANK YOU to TelkomZA for sorting out my new ADSL after a housemove. Telkom shop and 10213 were adamant that I would never get anything higher than 4Mbps as that what the "system said".

I PM'ed TelkomZA to see if he could help and he tested the line and saw that it showed I could attain 8mbps but the DP (distribution point) only supported speeds up to 4mbps and he enquired whether the DP speed could be upgraded.

The DP speed was upgraded. A consultant is busy processing your line speed upgrade, up to 8mbps.

THANK YOU
I have the same issue, I am 1000% sure i can do 10mbps but the call centre says 4mbps only. They also refuse to have someone investigate or have a manager call me to try help me out. Have never struggled so much to give a company money for something I am so sure of being able to get before. Have pm'd @TelkomZA a while ago but no reply yet :/

Vernon

Expert Member

Down the road, the disaster of a management system- ASSIA, might have something to say about which speed you'd be syncing at.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
@TelkomZA It is now 6 weeks waiting for a simple line move and going to 7 weeks,
twice a time was set for someone to come out last month and twice nobody showed up.
This is getting rediculous and I have no more patience left for telkom, no going 7 weeks to do something that generally takes 30min to do

heroics

@TelkomZA
I normally don't post much on forums but this is ridiculous.
It's been 135 days, that over 4 months, since my request to have my line relocated to my new address which is 800m away from my old address (Interestingly the website indicates that this will take 2 weeks, surprise!!!). Mine didn't even get as far as getting to one of the techies on the ground. I don't have a Telkom line and not with Telkom as a cellular provider so you can imagine after over 8 hrs of calls so far, how much the bill is so far. And you wait on average 30 mins just to speak to someone. I had various excuses from "It's stuck", "someone didn't take ownership of the request", "It's a system error on our side" to name a few...and each time its a different problem.
Ref:240031705A, look that up and you will see all the calls and queries I made with regards to this.

Please get a technician to get my 20Mbps line relocated.

Awaiting a speedy reply.

Heroics

Wolfy

My fibre is acting all Crappy. it doesn't sync properly, my upload is 10 times more than my download. WTF?!?! Fibre is so not what Telkom promised it would be, at night I get throttled to **** because congestion and during the ****ing day when I'm at work it flies like a bomb. WHAT A HUNK OF ****!!!

joker08

Hello,

I requested the relocation of my home phone and broadband service for the first time on 1 August 2018. The phone number is 0653361474. Was told over the phone that I will get a call back in the next couple of days.

Received no contact so I called back a few days later to check the progress and was told that there is some trouble with the system due to which they are unable to check, they cannot call me back with an update and I will have to call you back later.

Called back again on 7 August 2018, waited on the phone for an hour to be cut off. Called back again and waited for another hour just to find out that there is no record of the conversation!! My request was taken and I received an order number - 277600275A. I was told I will get a call from the tech to book an appointment.

Another week went by and I received NO contact from telkom so I decided to call back. This time wait was 40 mins, the lady who answered the phone this time said she doesn’t know what’s happening on the system and will speak to a manager for help, she came back saying that she will raise a case with the "IT team" and they will call me. Now you don’t need to be and expert in telecommunications to guess that she had no understanding of the issue, so I decided to call back.

A nice lady answered, this lady however knew what she talking and said informed that the order is incomplete and needs to be completed by the person who originally placed the order and she will email that person, said I can follow up after a few days.

Today I called again spoke to 2 different people and both of them had no solid answer as to why I have still not received a call back from that team.

I am still paying for the service. I have to use my mobile broadband to stay connected which costs me extra, and over and above it costed me a fortune calling your customer services number where I was put on hold for endless hours and then cut-off.

And please don’t tell me to use the chat service, whatever I select, I either get the billing department or tech support and both team replies back with the standard template "Please call our sales team". The call back option online doesn't help your agents don’t want to answer those “call back” calls. Every time I request a call back my phone rings, I answer the call, I can hear people laughing and talking in the background and then I am cut-off.

The time frame given to me was 7-14 days and it’s already way beyond that. I don’t live in an outlying area I live in a suburb named "Athlone" which is in Cape Town. I don’t understand what’s taking so long to connect a basic home phone and ADSL connection.

So tell me now, how are you going to help me to resolve this issue??

Case/order number 277600275A

WickedMONK3Y

Down the road, the disaster of a management system- ASSIA, might have something to say about which speed you'd be syncing at.
It is possible to get them to move you to Fastpath but I have noted lately that even though you can SEE ASSIA is enabled, they keep saying NOPE its not enabled. So I will keep putting in requests to move back to Fastpath until they get sick of me and just do it.

@TelkomZA is usually very good at helping with this, when the account replies. They seem busy or distracted lately.

Spontaneous spinach

It is possible to get them to move you to Fastpath but I have noted lately that even though you can SEE ASSIA is enabled, they keep saying NOPE its not enabled. So I will keep putting in requests to move back to Fastpath until they get sick of me and just do it.

@TelkomZA is usually very good at helping with this, when the account replies. They seem busy or distracted lately.
Is there no permanent way to get on fastpath? I was on it for probably 2 days and i was enjoying that sweet, sweet low latency until bam ASSIA returned with revenge

Last edited:

WickedMONK3Y

Is there no permanent way to get on fastpath? I was on it for probably 2 days and i was enjoying that sweet, sweet low latency until bam ASSIA returned with revenge
I wish. I seem to somehow migrate back onto it every 3 or 4 months and then have to constantly ask to be put back on it until it happens. You are supposed to be able to get your number added to a list but I dont think said list exists! So just keep bugging them.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
Posting here, sending a PM or going on hellopeter, phoning them, etc.
Will not help, Telkom is useless and pathetic. There customer service is non-existent. So long as they can take your money they don't care.
I think they do not even know how to spell service or continuity of delivery.
The most useless and worst ISP in RSA