• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

TelkomZA

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
Hi
We would like to connect with you, our customer, and make it easier for you to communicate and do business with us on the platforms you are present on.
If you have any Telkom line related problems or Telkom account related queries, please feel free to post them here or PM us.
We will still keep an eye on other threads to see where we can assist.
We endeavour to make your customer experience a memorable one.
Queries will be attended to from Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 17:00
Remember, you can also reach us on:
Twitter: @TelkomZA
Facebook: facebook.com/TelkomZA

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
I am always fearful when somebody says that they "endeavour to make [my] customer experience a memorable one", Vodacom and Standard Bank have both given me memorable customer experience but of a very different kind to Telkom and Afrihost.

johanopperman

Hi TelkomZA.

I have sent you a pm yesterday. Please also see my thread about your "customer care helpline" in this same sub forum yesterday about my problem.

gripen

Expert Member
Would you be able to assist us with MSAN rollout ETAs for our specific areas? Even if in PM and a rough estimate?

atomcrusher

Expert Member
@ TelkomZA ...

First of all, welcome here, and make sure you wear your flame-proof clothing. ;)

I hope that forumites here at least give you a chance to show that your input & assistance is a genuine Telkom attempt at bridging the huge divide that currently exists between you as the supplier, and us as your customers.

My first suggestion ... currently it is a real pain using your 10210 fault reporting system. as by the time we actually get to speak to a technically-competent person, we (1) are already hugely frustrated, and (2) have probably forgotten why we called you.

As an example, the last time I wanted to request a port-reset on my DSL line, it took me about 20 minutes to get through to a 'real' person. I would guess that you get many port-reset requests, so why not make it an automated process where we can dial a given number, and one of the numer options would be "perform a port reset" ?? And then the port is auto-reset for the Telkom number the customer dialed from.

atomcrusher

Expert Member
@ Telkom ZA ... Currently my local exchange (028 514 ****) only supports a max DSL speed of 4mbps ... when will this be upgraded to at least 10 mbps?

Last edited:
have a look at parow dslam having congestion issues.

ranges are 021 939 xxxx and 021 930 xxxx , 2 different exchanges but same dslam , it is 10mbs enabled.

douglasl

I have a billing problem. The reference number I was given when calling Telkom accounts is 26972064.

My line was disconnected in June. When I phoned to log a ticket I was told the line had been transferred, I told them I never asked for a transfer and can they please restore my service. It seems they have now created a brand new account for me and decided to charge me installation fees for transactions I have never requested.

I logged the account query Thursday last week.

atomcrusher

Expert Member
@ MickeyD
Granted, but that is in a different thread.

It would make sense for the feedback to be given in the same thread in which the question was posed. I understand that it would be messy to have a multitude of threads requesting TelkomZA's help, so perhaps the mods can state in which thread member's questions, and TelkomZA's responses, should be in.