• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

TelkomZA

@ MickeyD
Granted, but that is in a different thread.
Johan posted a link to that thread in this thread...

It would make sense for the feedback to be given in the same thread in which the question was posed. I understand that it would be messy to have a multitude of threads requesting TelkomZA's help, so perhaps the mods can state in which thread member's questions, and TelkomZA's responses, should be in.
I was pondering the same issue...

I would suggest that the complainant create a thread or post in the relevant MyBB sub-forum and post a link to it in this thread.

Else this thread is going to be a mess!!!

Arthur

Honorary Master
TelkomZA deserves a medal just for having the guts to take the job.

Hats off, mate!

I'm sure all responsible MyBBers will ensure you're treated fairly and politely.

nerf

Wow a Telkom Rep !!, I never ever thought that would happen. Damm I almost fell of my chair . Could telkom really be starting to become a competent company ?

Brollocks

Hi TelkomZA

My DSL lost sync since midnight last night.

I've send you a PM with my details. Please can you look into this for me. I stay in Tableview, Sunningdale area.

Thx

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
Hi TelkomZA.

I have sent you a pm yesterday. Please also see my thread about your "customer care helpline" in this same sub forum yesterday about my problem.
Hi Johan

We have responded to your PM and forwarded your concerns regarding the Helpdesk to management.

Regards^CO

Great to have Telkom representative here - my question is basic - how long will it take to upgrade an exchange to 10MB ADSL - 011 467 0### - I have given up phoning Telkom as the standard answer seems to be (a) in a few months or (b) by the end of the year or (c) we are busy with it.

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
Would you be able to assist us with MSAN rollout ETAs for our specific areas? Even if in PM and a rough estimate?
Hi

It is not always possible for us to confirm MSAN ETA`s for specific areas, this is due to the fact that some SDC`s might be cutover and others not.
We will however do our best so please feel free to PM us your ADSL number and we will confirm where possible.

Regards^CO

MJ INC

Great to see telkom finally represented on the site. Now let's hope we don't scare him away when he gets inandated with requests;)

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
@ TelkomZA ...

First of all, welcome here, and make sure you wear your flame-proof clothing. ;)

I hope that forumites here at least give you a chance to show that your input & assistance is a genuine Telkom attempt at bridging the huge divide that currently exists between you as the supplier, and us as your customers.

My first suggestion ... currently it is a real pain using your 10210 fault reporting system. as by the time we actually get to speak to a technically-competent person, we (1) are already hugely frustrated, and (2) have probably forgotten why we called you.

As an example, the last time I wanted to request a port-reset on my DSL line, it took me about 20 minutes to get through to a 'real' person. I would guess that you get many port-reset requests, so why not make it an automated process where we can dial a given number, and one of the numer options would be "perform a port reset" ?? And then the port is auto-reset for the Telkom number the customer dialed from.
Hi

Thank you for the warm welcome to your community, we are very much aware of the frustration some of you are experiencing with the call centre and have therefore made other channels such as Twitter/Facebook and now also MyBB available so that we can communicate and assist you more directly.
Thank you for your suggestion, it has been passed on to management for consideration.

Regards^CO

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
@ Telkom ZA ... Currently my local exchange (028 514 ****) only supports a max DSL speed of 4mbps ... when will this be upgraded to at least 10 mbps?
Hi

Unfortunately there are more than one DSLam associated with 028 514, please PM your ADSL number and we will gladly investigate and provide feedback

Regards^CO

Just FYI! I've had the opportunity to deal with the Twitter social networking guys and they have been amazing!
If TelkomZA is the same crew, they will assist where possible and go beyond the call of duty.
Please don't give them too much grief, there are probably 10000 complaints and probably a small team of guys working as "TelkomZA" so bare with them.

TelkomZA, good luck! ;)

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
have a look at parow dslam having congestion issues.

ranges are 021 939 xxxx and 021 930 xxxx , 2 different exchanges but same dslam , it is 10mbs enabled.
Hi

There are multiple DSLam`s feeding the numbers supplied, please PM your ADSL number for further investigation.

Regards^CO

MickZA

Executive Member
Hi

Thank you for the warm welcome to your community, we are very much aware of the frustration some of you are experiencing with the call centre and have therefore made other channels such as Twitter/Facebook and now also MyBB available so that we can communicate and assist you more directly.
Thank you for your suggestion, it has been passed on to management for consideration.

Regards^CO
Maybe also consider adding an "ADSL Port Reset" option on the existing SMS Faults service (012 321 0212).