TelkomZA

medicnick83

Paramedic
Or why not develop a web site where users can do things themself... such as port resets and such.
Something like Vodacom.co.za where you can manage your own accounts, add, remove etc

MickeyD

RIP
Or why not develop a web site where users can do things themself... such as port resets and such.
Something like Vodacom.co.za where you can manage your own accounts, add, remove etc
ranger already answered that one in the Telkom Uncapped thread...

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
I have a billing problem. The reference number I was given when calling Telkom accounts is 26972064.

My line was disconnected in June. When I phoned to log a ticket I was told the line had been transferred, I told them I never asked for a transfer and can they please restore my service. It seems they have now created a brand new account for me and decided to charge me installation fees for transactions I have never requested.

I logged the account query Thursday last week.
Hi

Have requested feedback on the supplied ref from our accounts section, will follow up once it has been received.

Regards^CO

johanopperman

Please don't give them too much grief, there are probably 10000 complaints and probably a small team of guys working as "TelkomZA" so bare with them.

I would also suggest people first phone the Customer Help Line before escalating it to TelkomZA, or their Twitter/Facebook teams.

This will serve 2 purposes:

1) Give you a reference number, which should help TelkomZA and team,

and

2) Everybody should experience the joy of interacting with the Customer Help Line at least once in their life-time. One for your bucket list :D

(Point 1 was serious, point 2 obviously facetious).

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
Hi TelkomZA

My DSL lost sync since midnight last night.

I've send you a PM with my details. Please can you look into this for me. I stay in Tableview, Sunningdale area.

Thx
Hi

We have responded to your PM and as indicated will do our best to prioritize the repair.

Regards^CO

I would like to know when will Telkom decide to start distributing VDSL lines here in the Eastern Cape? I am really really eager to get the VDSL in order to say goodbye to DSTV and hello to Live TV Streaming such as Hulu, Netflix and others.
Currently I have a 4 meg ADSL line ! Thanks in advance.

medicnick83

Paramedic
2) Everybody should experience the joy of interacting with the Customer Help Line at least once in their life-time. One for your bucket list :D
I'd never want to deal with the customer help line, those people are as blank as new paint canvases.

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
Great to have Telkom representative here - my question is basic - how long will it take to upgrade an exchange to 10MB ADSL - 011 467 0### - I have given up phoning Telkom as the standard answer seems to be (a) in a few months or (b) by the end of the year or (c) we are busy with it.
Hi

Unfortunately there are more than one DSLam associated with the exchange, please PM your ADSL number and we will investigate and provide feedback.

Regards^CO

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
Just FYI! I've had the opportunity to deal with the Twitter social networking guys and they have been amazing!
If TelkomZA is the same crew, they will assist where possible and go beyond the call of duty.
Please don't give them too much grief, there are probably 10000 complaints and probably a small team of guys working as "TelkomZA" so bare with them.

TelkomZA, good luck! ;)
Hi

Thank you for the positive response regarding the Social Media Team and yes we are the same "Small" group of people so you can rest assure that we will do everything possible to make your experience a positive one.

Regards^CO

marine1

Honorary Master
Great to have Telkom representative here - my question is basic - how long will it take to upgrade an exchange to 10MB ADSL - 011 467 0### - I have given up phoning Telkom as the standard answer seems to be (a) in a few months or (b) by the end of the year or (c) we are busy with it.
Get off my exchange grrrrrrr

TelkomZA

Telkom representative
Company Rep
I would like to know when will Telkom decide to start distributing VDSL lines here in the Eastern Cape? I am really really eager to get the VDSL in order to say goodbye to DSTV and hello to Live TV Streaming such as Hulu, Netflix and others.
Currently I have a 4 meg ADSL line ! Thanks in advance.
Hi Marius

Please PM us with your ADSL number and we will gladly see if we can provide more info on the VDSL progress in your area.

Regards^CO

Cosmic_Nomad

TelkomZA your the best thing since sliced bread. one pvt message with relevant details and it was sorted out.

A simple phone call from someone who has a passion for sorting out queries is refreshing.

And the best part is that the person who said he will phone back, DID ! ( twice )

Thanks for putting in the extra effort its much appreciated .

Tim

atomcrusher

Expert Member
I PM'd my query re: when will my exchange support at least 10mbps (we are currently on a max of 4mbps), and soon received a reply from telkomZA explaining why this is not available yet. Not happy with the news, but I am in a very small dorp in the WC, and I guess we would be low priority :( , but delighted with telkomZA'a quick response :) )

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Hi

Unfortunately there are more than one DSLam associated with the exchange, please PM your ADSL number and we will investigate and provide feedback.

Regards^CO
Sent you a PM - I must compliment Telkom for taking this initiative. Just looking at their Twitter feed it is awesome to see how they stepped up. I think you guys are doing a fantastic job considering the challenges you must face. So give VC, MTN and others a run for their money now ;-)

douglasl

Hi TelkomZA

You done such a great job with my first issue that I will have to get you to look at this one.

My business ADSL line keeps going down. the phone keeps working but the line is down at least once a month for several days. The current reference number I have for this line is 395CTK120713 I will PM you with some more info.

Force_za

Hi TelkomZA,

I have sent you a PM with information about my problem in Helderkruin. I was just about to give up all hope on telkom, thanks for helping out.

Praeses

Expert Member
TelkomZA has fixed an issue that nobody at telkom support nor Mweb could fix...getting my dad's line to sync at 1024Kbps instead of 384Kbps!

You rock! Thanks for joining MyBB!