Right, back to work today....

Current Weight: 102.3kg
Target Weight: +-90Kg
Highest Weight Ever 143kg (August 2018)
Sex: M
Height: 185cm
Age 44
Method: portion control, no junk, low carb, IF, exercise
So, my exercise ambitions have been put on hold literally as they began. I ride (MTB) regularly (3 times a week) and run once a week at least normally, but during the holidays it was a bit hit and miss obviously.

This morning, back to routine, went for a ride at 05h00 and as I came back into my complex, someone else activated the open gates without looking first. The gates clipped my handle bar and I went flying. Knee and ankle blew up.

Already been to physio for initial assessment. I'm on crutches, need to wait for all the swelling to go down and then back for proper check of my ACL on Thursday.

Effing 1st day back and I'm man down, leg up at home instead of at work, ice packs etc and hoping that there's no real damage to ACL (knee ops).

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
So, my exercise ambitions have been put on hold literally as they began. I ride (MTB) regularly (3 times a week) and run once a week at least normally, but during the holidays it was a bit hit and miss obviously.

This morning, back to routine, went for a ride at 05h00 and as I came back into my complex, someone else activated the open gates without looking first. The gates clipped my handle bar and I went flying. Knee and ankle blew up.

Already been to physio for initial assessment. I'm on crutches, need to wait for all the swelling to go down and then back for proper check of my ACL on Thursday.

Effing 1st day back and I'm man down, leg up at home instead of at work, ice packs etc and hoping that there's no real damage to ACL (knee ops).

That Sucks. Hope you get well soon.

Jakkels1991

Expert Member

Shame man thats kak, how long are you going to be off work for? Perhaps you can use the couple of off days to start a fast to help get the ball rolling for when you are back on you feet?

fruitbat

Expert Member
Checking in.
Current Weight: 87.9
Btw my height is 184cm.

Had sick kid at ER Friday night, so only made 23kms running last week :-( Hes better now, but he starts a new school this week - different from his sister so both wife and me are doing the drop offs from Wednesday. Means no running in the morning for a week or two while they settle in.

Regarding diet. Have decided to support the wife, so having Oats for breakfast, meal at work for lunch. And joining wife for a shake for dinner, so she’s not tempted by me eating and her doing her shake. I must admit I had to have a little more last night so had a ton of tuna and noodles to give me that sense of “eating”. As I said - I really like dinner!

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
Checking in.
Current Weight: 87.9
Btw my height is 184cm.

Had sick kid at ER Friday night, so only made 23kms running last week :-( Hes better now, but he starts a new school this week - different from his sister so both wife and me are doing the drop offs from Wednesday. Means no running in the morning for a week or two while they settle in.

Regarding diet. Have decided to support the wife, so having Oats for breakfast, meal at work for lunch. And joining wife for a shake for dinner, so she’s not tempted by me eating and her doing her shake. I must admit I had to have a little more last night so had a ton of tuna and noodles to give me that sense of “eating”. As I said - I really like dinner!
Very nice helping out the wife. I'm pretty much in an opposite situations. I am currently busy with extended fasting so I only eat on Wednesday and Sunday evenings. So I have to sit and watch my fiance eat every night. She does try and eat in the kitchen or at the table as to not temp me but I normally keep busy outside while she is making food and eating.

Voicy

Honorary Master
Very nice helping out the wife. I'm pretty much in an opposite situations. I am currently busy with extended fasting so I only eat on Wednesday and Sunday evenings. So I have to sit and watch my fiance eat every night. She does try and eat in the kitchen or at the table as to not temp me but I normally keep busy outside while she is making food and eating.

Damn, son!

How's that working out? Must be quite intense I'd imagine. How long are you going to continue with it?

handyman007

Hope I'm not too late.

Current weight : 82.00
Target weight : 78.00
Method : Running, eating healthy during the week.

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
Damn, son!

How's that working out? Must be quite intense I'd imagine. How long are you going to continue with it?
It gets much easier actually. Has been going well did it for 3 months last year and dropped 30kg. I will continue till I hit my goal weight (have 26kg to go) by end march hopefully. I will then mover over to OMAD to maintian.

themba990

Expert Member
It gets much easier actually. Has been going well did it for 3 months last year and dropped 30kg. I will continue till I hit my goal weight (have 26kg to go) by end march hopefully. I will then mover over to OMAD to maintian.
Hectic!
I'm on a very loose 16:8 intermittent fast. I say loose because I basically skip breakfast and try no to eat anything before midday.
I can't imagine going days without eating.

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
Hectic!
I'm on a very loose 16:8 intermittent fast. I say loose because I basically skip breakfast and try no to eat anything before midday.
I can't imagine going days without eating.
I started with 16:8, but my OCD took over and I started researching fasting and basically it come down to the longer you fast the better. But it also comes down to your goals. I would say I spend the same amount of time researching fasting as I do actually fasting.

But I would recommend trying it atleast once, even if its just to prove to yourself how strong you are!

Afon Kulikov

Forging
I started with 16:8, but my OCD took over and I started researching fasting and basically it come down to the longer you fast the better. But it also comes down to your goals. I would say I spend the same amount of time researching fasting as I do actually fasting.

But I would recommend trying it atleast once, even if its just to prove to yourself how strong you are!
But how do you get past the ""I need food" part, I can eat once a day but not fully fast

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
But how do you get past the ""I need food" part, I can eat once a day but not fully fast
I only get the "I need food" part at the 24 hour mark, after that the feeling just goes away. When I feel hungry or tempted to eat I find something to do. Luckily for me I moved into a new house over Dec so there is always something to do haha. But for the most part is really just is mind over matter. You don't have to eat you won't die I promis!

fruitbat

Expert Member

Wow - I take my hat off to you!

spiff

Executive Member
096036746fbee03252f52aed5b84a439.jpg

Almost at my first target of 95kg.

Last edited:

Stuey74

Starting tracking today - had a neutral year last year after a great 2018.

Current Weight: 91.2kg
Target Weight: 75kg
Highest Weight Ever: 109kg
Sex: M
Height: 173cm
Method: IF with smaller portions and some exercise