The Asic thread

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
https://xtract-tech.io/xt-d1-dash-miner/

Not sure if this is fake, but what a beast!! 91 dollars a day at current rates.

Hash Rate 109 GH/s
Hash Rate Variation 5% Aprox
Power Consumption 8720W
Control Board Powered by ARM A-15 CPU
PSU Included 4x2600W
PSU Efficiency 93%+
HASH Boards 12
Algorithm X11
FANS 8 main + 4 PSU
Operating Temperature 0º – 45º
Network Connection Ethernet
Weight 39,5 Kg

srothman

Expert Member
Sheesh...! Eish, if only I had deep pockets....

Then again, with such deep pockets, probably won't be mining in the first place :)

Daruk

Honorary Master
Nice find GTX! Going to look into these.
Looks like a scam to me.

Defo a scam... BEWARE!

Code:
Domain Name: XTRACT-TECH.IO
Registry Domain ID: D503300000045429370-LRMS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2017-10-18T20:50:44Z
Creation Date: [B]2017-09-14T20:06:46Z
[/B]Registry Expiry Date: 2018-09-14T20:06:46Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date:
Registrar: NameCheap, Inc
Registrar IANA ID: 1068
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@namecheap.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6613102107
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: serverTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#serverTransferProhibited
Name Server: PDNS1.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
Name Server: PDNS2.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
DNSSEC: signedDelegation

Last edited:

dj2381

Expert Member
Currently over 30 degrees in the Cape, I had to turn down my A4 miners a little to keep the temps at around 70 degrees, currently holding steady at 73 midday, also just ordered a evaporative air cooler, uses minimal power and has a water tank, this is for daytime use only, at night it should be more bearable, also portable for when it gets crazy hot and I start melting in summer.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I hear it's bad. My kids at Stellenbosch are trying to study and write exams. No fun.
I'd use a portable aircon myself... or one of the newer inverter model split unit aircons.

In other news, my 2x D3s have been shipped today but not the PSUs ordered at the same time :/

dj2381

Expert Member
I hear it's bad. My kids at Stellenbosch are trying to study and write exams. No fun.
I'd use a portable aircon myself... or one of the newer inverter model split unit aircons.

In other news, my 2x D3s have been shipped today but not the PSUs ordered at the same time :/
That kinda defeats the purpose lol, did they say when the PSU is coming?

srothman

Expert Member
Yeah it's turning up in Pretoria as well, predicted to hit mid-thirties by Wednesday again. Not fun. If that's the case I'll just switch off and wait it out, running it only at night.

Daruk

Honorary Master
That kinda defeats the purpose lol, did they say when the PSU is coming?
No, I opened a ticket. It's the same 'November' batch but November could be anytime in the next 4 weeks lol. Hopefully soon.

srothman

Expert Member
Is D3's still protifibale in November batch?
Depends what your ROI horizon is. At R5000/m you will spend 8 months paying it off. Up to you if that's acceptable.

It's not R5000 (yet), just illustrating my point.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Followup on the bitconnect coin wallet issue.
Turns out you need to download a config file with a list of nodes in it independently of the wallet :/

The file is here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/drinks/the-worlds-best-coffee-shops/

Put it in your %appdata%/bitconnect folder on Windows to kick start the wallet syncing (give it a few minutes). Once synced, you can transfer your pennies out ASAP. Don't trust this dodgy crowd IMO.

Another suggestion is to forward port 9239 to your PC:
https://bitconnectexplained.wordpress.com/2017/09/03/how-to-make-bitconnect-wallet-work/

Primotek

Depends what your ROI horizon is. At R5000/m you will spend 8 months paying it off. Up to you if that's acceptable.

It's not R5000 (yet), just illustrating my point.
Ok I hope I can make some money, I have 16 coming in November.:sick::crying:

srothman

Expert Member
Ok I hope I can make some money, I have 16 coming in November.:sick::crying:
I have just the one coming, and I'm already considering swinging it and looking for something else. Maybe. Maybe not. Haven't decided yet.

I think a lot of people have buyer's remorse after the profitability went for a ball of snot, but the bottom line is, you will still make money, albeit much MUCH less than when you bought it. Best thing to do is to accept and deal with it.

I'm lucky (more thankful) that when we went in to it, I explained to my wife that it is extremely volatile, and just because things are looking up today doesn't mean it's going to be like this the next day, and we proceeded knowing this.

Never invest money you can't, or are not willing to lose.when things go south.

Last edited:

Primotek

Well I just hope I will be able to get my money back, and hope DASH price will rocket after DASH Evolution release.
What is your D3 making in 24/h and what is your power cost?
with my 16 D3's I will rent small space in workshop and connect to 3 phase power.

dj2381

Expert Member
Nicehash has the profitability of the D3 at R73 p/d after power costs, this will fluctuate obviously but hectic :crying:

srothman

Expert Member
Nicehash has the profitability of the D3 at R73 p/d after power costs, this will fluctuate obviously but hectic :crying:
That hurts. I honestly think I might swing the D3 and invest in either another L3+, or that S9 that's been haunting me.

Edit: I do believe there's a bright future for x11 though, I think it's the algorithm of the future, but yeah, we're here to make money.

Last edited:

Daruk

Honorary Master

Daruk

Honorary Master
2x D3 dropped off today... still waiting for PSUs :/