The Asic thread

Daruk

Honorary Master
This looks really good

[video=youtube;dpGuDAWb4hQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpGuDAWb4hQ[/video]
I would still add acoustic ducting to the outlet and redirect the hot air to a ceiling void, but that design looks great. I might also put the opening panel on the side with piano hinges to make it easy to stack them and access them.

srothman

Expert Member
Yeah actually watched that one earlier. Seems pretty straight forward and relatively cheap to get done.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Yeah actually watched that one earlier. Seems pretty straight forward and relatively cheap to get done.
Just looking for accoustic paneling in SA. I have a foam factory nearby... anyone know which is better - foam egg-crate or proper accoustic paneling?

srothman

Expert Member
Just looking for accoustic paneling in SA. I have a foam factory nearby... anyone know which is better - foam egg-crate or proper accoustic paneling?
Probably acoustic panels.if you're splitting hair, but by how much I couldn't say. Need to hit that cost/benefit sweet spot, too.

srothman

Expert Member
Well, today looks to be a scorcher, so will be interesting to see how it manages by itself.

Last edited:

dj2381

Expert Member
You could try Vinyl tiles, a company called Unlimited Building Supplies sells them, they also have acoustic ceiling tiles, but those are more expensive.

Daruk

Honorary Master
You could try Vinyl tiles, a company called Unlimited Building Supplies sells them, they also have acoustic ceiling tiles, but those are more expensive.
Awesome, thanks. I'll try our local building merchants too. The stuff looks like softboard actually... I wonder how that would help... or perhaps carpet underfelt... Maybe cut some old carpet and stick it to some underfelt...

@srothman... it's been a scorcher here for the past two days and they're taking strain in my gym so I'm going to have to get ducting set up. I don't have the dust issue as much but I hear you - just make sure the hole is bigger on the intake side. I might try the same. Provided you direct the hot air out - preferably through accoustic ducting, you should be good on the intake side - it will draw cooler air in. Provided the air is cooler, that is. The thing is to make sure your ducting is properly sealed.

I'm going to get 2 of these 3D printed - one for the outlet and one for the ceiling:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1630533

Daruk

Honorary Master
OK, I may have been premature on the BCC earnings. It seems more comparable to ZPool and Nicehash now. I'm going to tally up at 7 & 8:20pm tonight to get exactly three days worth of earnings but indications are that it's outperformed ZPool after two days... Nicehash - we'll see.

srothman

Expert Member
Thanks for the update, will be interesting to see where it ends up. If it's that close, it's probably going to be back and forth on the best of days.

srothman

Expert Member
Well, I got some people coming to have a look at where I want to have those whirlybirds done. I need to get permission before I can proceed (complex living), but there are a few units who have turbine-type fixtures on their roofs already, so I don't think it's be a problem. Hopefully I can get this done by the weekend already, get it over and done with. Sommer going to do my garage and house one shot, see if I can't save a bit on AC costs this season.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Well, I got some people coming to have a look at where I want to have those whirlybirds done. I need to get permission before I can proceed (complex living), but there are a few units who have turbine-type fixtures on their roofs already, so I don't think it's be a problem. Hopefully I can get this done by the weekend already, get it over and done with. Sommer going to do my garage and house one shot, see if I can't save a bit on AC costs this season.
I'm keen to hear how they work. It might be hard to tell without daily max/min measurements but I'm sure you will save some. I am considering the same.

Last edited:

srothman

Expert Member
Should hit my first 1000 smackeroos of NH profit later today. Only a bucketload more of those and I got this waxed

Daruk

Honorary Master
^^13.5 on the S9 is the regular hashrate, right?
Very tempting... any idea of prices?
*EDIT* looks like $1500-ish

Last edited:

Daruk

Honorary Master
After 72 hours Zpool is at under $20 a day so I'm back to Nicehash for now.
Bitconnect after 72 hours is now at $60.80, so just over $20 a day - outperforming Zpool by a small margin. Going to go back to nicehash for that miner too.

Damac10

Seems like the newer models are getting better hash rates. Confirmed today. Original D3 was 15gh/s ..second 17gh/s . guy selling D3 arrived last week hashing 19.4gh/s . Would be surprised if S9 doing more than older units . Now they must boot L3 to 750mh/s lol

Daruk

Honorary Master
Bitconnect is a pyramid scheme, be very careful
Perhaps, but I'm just trying to get mined coin out at this point. I'm no longer going to mine there. I don't see a pyramid scheme other than the referral system... that said, if that's their major calling card, it won't last at all.

srothman

Expert Member
If I had my D3 up and running, I would have probably gone for one of these, but not seeing nearly enough return on my current investment to justify dropping another $1700- whilst I'm still waiting for my other miner to land. It looks pretty damn sweet though.