The Asic thread

delta66

powered up A3's today...from 2nd batch Bitmain. decent enough daily returns and certainly better than the T9's,D3's and L3's. at max power capacity with occasional tripping of 63A breaker on eskom box :erm:

Daruk

Honorary Master
powered up A3's today...from 2nd batch Bitmain. decent enough daily returns and certainly better than the T9's,D3's and L3's. at max power capacity with occasional tripping of 63A breaker on eskom box :erm:
Good on the A3s. Pity it's second batch but the price was not the worst. I wouldn't touch D3s for some time until a few new tokens arrive on X11 - they're just way too powerful and too many around to be making money. They chew juice but behave nicely on Blissz firmware. I have a copy of that for D3 and L3+.

I recently cleaned mine and had endless hassles getting them going again. I had to take the hashboards out one at a time and clean them properly with a pantbrush, especially on the air intake side. The humidity creates corrosion on the board and causes conductive dust to sit on the components - not good for sensitive electronics. They went from totally misbehaving to working 100% again.

delta66

Good on the A3s. Pity it's second batch but the price was not the worst. I wouldn't touch D3s for some time until a few new tokens arrive on X11 - they're just way too powerful and too many around to be making money. They chew juice but behave nicely on Blissz firmware. I have a copy of that for D3 and L3+.

I recently cleaned mine and had endless hassles getting them going again. I had to take the hashboards out one at a time and clean them properly with a pantbrush, especially on the air intake side. The humidity creates corrosion on the board and causes conductive dust to sit on the components - not good for sensitive electronics. They went from totally misbehaving to working 100% again.
yup...done the same with mine. used CRC contact cleaner spray after brushing dust and dirt off heatsinks, unfortunately still having issues with a few boards not hashing/tried Blissz firmware(NO FEE version and the dev fee versions)===nada/nothing!! undervolted/overvolted/adjusted various freq still nothing. out of 6XD3 machines i have only 70.5GH working, all mining zpool. getting more L3's landing within a week or 2 will have to very reluctantly sell/store the D3's until i figure out the power capacity issue

Last edited:

Daruk

Honorary Master
Honestly I don't see why they will. The machine is basically equal in performance to your average 6 gpu rig but consuming much less energy.
And costs $800 ;)
Still, Ethash is not worth mining.

acidrain

Expert Member
And costs $800 ;)
Still, Ethash is not worth mining.
If anything, it's the only asic they've brought out with a realistic and competitive price. That aside, the warranty process is the pits if you get a faulty board.

Should make the gamers happy.

Daruk

Honorary Master
If anything, it's the only asic they've brought out with a realistic and competitive price. That aside, the warranty process is the pits if you get a faulty board.

Should make the gamers happy.
Indeed lol!

Daruk

Honorary Master
Yet another new Bitmain ASIC has been announced and will be up for sale tomorrow morning - the B3 - designed for mining Bytom. Now this will be an interesting one to watch. Bytom itself appears technically sound. It's just been bumped onto main net today... but Bitmain is listed as one of it's sponsors / partners. It has been developed to be ASIC friendly.

Right now there's no mining profitability data as far as I can tell, although Bytom is up for sale on a number of exchanges including Cryptopia. The real question is what is the future given that it will very likely (at least in the short term) only be mine-able with one brand of ASIC developed by a partner of the token effort. VIABTC has announced support for BYM mining.

So as far as I know it's a first - a new token with ?low difficulty? and a brand new ASIC to mine it. Will it flop or fly? Only time will tell.

My prediction - it will show promise but never light up the sky in the long run. It's too centralised given a single miner to mine it. This smacks of another BCH - this time built from the ground up.