The Banting/LCHF Thread

Haven't been on here in a while. I just returned from a trip to Greece. It was amazing food wise!
The greek food is a cornucopia of delicious banting friendly food!. Amazing! I ate like a king !

The best thing I discovered was the Greek yogurt! it was thicker and so scrumptious! Also the best part is that this had 10g of fat per 100g. Way more than any yogurt I found in SA. Where on earth can I find authentic strained greek yogurt in SA?

wonduhboy

I'm not loving that sugar free tonic in any form.

I'm also at the lowest weight I've been since probably my teens. Took a bit of an off week last weekend but that just meant a bit of store bought marinade which probably had sugar. Haven't had carbs since June 16th I think. I've got a weight goal for my birthday next month, and I think it's doable.
Serious question - what did you do in Thailand?

APoc184

Honorary Master
Fell off the wagon for about 3 weeks. Hell, the wagon reversed and ran me over numerous times I think.

Kiddies parties, family weekends and just plain old lust for some old school dirty meals made me say fck it for a while and enjoy the time with the kids and wife.

Kakkest I've felt for years for that whole 3 weeks. Sugar is so so bad!
Lethargic, stiff, bloated, headaches, feeling like falling asleep at work in the middle of the day, raised blood pressure, moody, insomnia, etc, etc, etc....

Been back on it for the past 2 weeks luckily and as suspected I am almost back to my regular weight with all the water and glycogen stores depleted.
Working out has been a bit tougher to get back into. Luckily I know that it will correct itself within the next 2 weeks or so. Just have to keep at it.

IF+Keto means I'll be back in tip top shape for spring/summer.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Last edited: