The Banting/LCHF Thread

bob1

Lets use this thread for all things Banting/LCHF related...

Questions
Recipes
Meal plans
etc

bob1

I only found the Low Crab High Fat thread, but this is the Low Carb High Fat Banting thread :D

swift412

Wellness Warehouse sells shirataki noodles if you're looking for noodle/pasta replacements, but they're pricey and seem to evoke a love/hate reaction with people.

Randhir

Honorary Master
Someone isn't happy :p

Carl Fernandes
My Fiance and i have tried it. we were dissapointed that the steak was panfried and not flame grilled and that a simple lime and soda cost R33.00 . Dinner for the two of us with two soft drinks each and a desert each and one coffee (no starters) came to a total of R600. Would have been a better experience at Hussar Grill and a better steak at a better price. but yes, there is bread on the table.

swift412

For those of you working in Cape Town CBD, the Thursday food market in St George's Mall opposite the cathedral has stalls selling LCHF cheesecake, brownies and banana bread. Open until 3pm

swift412

I think I saw some for like R40/R50 at dischem :eek:
That's crazy, since they're only 250g per packet after you've drained the liquid out.

On the other hand, Dischem's almonds are pretty well priced, they were on special for R130 for 1kg last month (usual price is about R200/kg)

envo

Expert Member
http://lowcarbislekker.wordpress.com is a nice resource too

I mainly just do bacon/eggs/mushrooms/peppers for breakfast with coffee (no sugar) and a tablespoon of butter. Then at night it's veggies (usually cauliflower or broccoli) with chicken livers or fish (tuna mostly) or even a burger with a home-made coconut flour bun and/or salad with.

Not very exciting, but way cheaper than the 5+ meals a day bull****