The Bodybuilders Thread: Circuit II

Wow - standing dumbell shoulder press is a difficult beast to master.
 
Wow - standing dumbell shoulder press is a difficult beast to master.

Shoulder Press / Military Press of any kind (seated/standing) is my nemesis.

Makes me feel so weak because the first set I can smash out the reps but after that it seems like it is my muscle that fatigues the quickest. Amount of reps possible with good form drops very quickly with each and every set after that.

But I rather not attempt one more rep when I know my form is going to be crap. Staying injury free is more important to me than numbers.
 
Shoulder press is considered one of the most technical and difficult lifts to master.
I can't remember who it was, but I remember watching a video where it was recommended to load the bar with a weight where you could do 10 reps with good form - then only do 5 to 6 reps at that weight.
Rotator cuff warm-up are highly recommended before shoulder pressing.
 
I only ever had pak, they do suggest to pair it. The stuff is just too expensive. Pak is just a massive dose of slow release multivitamins. I pissed fluorescent until the night with that stuff.

Haha, noticed that too. Pretty to look at though.
 
Shoulder press is considered one of the most technical and difficult lifts to master.
I can't remember who it was, but I remember watching a video where it was recommended to load the bar with a weight where you could do 10 reps with good form - then only do 5 to 6 reps at that weight.
Rotator cuff warm-up are highly recommended before shoulder pressing.

I remember Ripetoe saying that standing shoulder press can ##ck up your back pretty easy as well
 
I remember Ripetoe saying that standing shoulder press can ##ck up your back pretty easy as well

But the seated barbell shoulder press is a behind the head set up..... So at my gym standing is the only option :-(
 
I remember Ripetoe saying that standing shoulder press can ##ck up your back pretty easy as well
Yip, that's why it's best to use a lighter weight. Even with a lighter load I arch my back - not good.

I alternate seated and standing each week. With seated I go a little heavier.
 
But the seated barbell shoulder press is a behind the head set up..... So at my gym standing is the only option :-(
Why do you say seated is behind the head? I do my front, same as standing.
I don't do any behind the head exercises, besides seated triceps press.
 
Why do you say seated is behind the head? I do my front, same as standing.
I don't do any behind the head exercises, besides seated triceps press.

The stand is set up so that the bar can only be brought down behind the head... Such a crap design.
 
What do you do when you go on holiday and the gym isn't available?

hmmnn... you have a couple of options depending on what day it is.

1) start deadlifting objects in your immediate vicinity. eg park benches (preferably with people sitting on them), small cars like the i10 etc

2) squat your luggage as you move it to and from your room

3) vigorously push people out of your way as you walk - chest. be sure to start with lighter people and work your way up...

that should hold you over for a couple days :whistle:
 
hmmnn... you have a couple of options depending on what day it is.

1) start deadlifting objects in your immediate vicinity. eg park benches (preferably with people sitting on them), small cars like the i10 etc

2) squat your luggage as you move it to and from your room

3) vigorously push people out of your way as you walk - chest. be sure to start with lighter people and work your way up...

that should hold you over for a couple days :whistle:

Mila is a lady :p :love:
 
hmmnn... you have a couple of options depending on what day it is.

1) start deadlifting objects in your immediate vicinity. eg park benches (preferably with people sitting on them), small cars like the i10 etc

2) squat your luggage as you move it to and from your room

3) vigorously push people out of your way as you walk - chest. be sure to start with lighter people and work your way up...

that should hold you over for a couple days :whistle:
Lol..sure I've read this somewhere before :)
I try not to take time off from gym during the year. Life will throw some 'off-time' at you naturally whether you want to take off or not.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X