The Bodybuilders Thread: Circuit II

I discovered I have inherited gout.

At least not the worst curve ball out there.

My father also had endless issues with gout, barely did anything for years, until he went on to the banting wagon. Since then he enjoys meat and red wine again, and go on countless adventures and for an old man, he has for more energy doing random **** in the backyard than most young guys.

Gout is very easy to work around. Just find out what triggers it for you, and then make sure to prevent that trigger/s, and life goes on.
 
At least not the worst curve ball out there.

My father also had endless issues with gout, barely did anything for years, until he went on to the banting wagon. Since then he enjoys meat and red wine again, and go on countless adventures and for an old man, he has for more energy doing random **** in the backyard than most young guys.

Gout is very easy to work around. Just find out what triggers it for you, and then make sure to prevent that trigger/s, and life goes on.

Yup.
Quit with the suicide nonsense ffs.
Do some reading, change a few things about your lifestyle, get on with life.
http://fourhourworkweek.com/2009/10/05/gout/

I'm a child and I already have it.

From what I understand it just gets worst.

I'll be a fcking wreck at 40
 
If I understand it correctly gout happens when the uric acid levels in your body becomes high enough to bind to sodium in order to form the sodium urate crystals?

If that is the case then I might know what caused this flare I have currently.

This past 4 days I have eaten a lot of Chinese food (beef fried noodle, chicken fried rice etc) all of which have a lot of sodium from the soy sauce
 
If I understand it correctly gout happens when the uric acid levels in your body becomes high enough to bind to sodium in order to form the sodium urate crystals?

If that is the case then I might know what caused this flare I have currently.

This past 4 days I have eaten a lot of Chinese food (beef fried noodle, chicken fried rice etc) all of which have a lot of sodium from the soy sauce

I have had gout for years. I am not going through the effort of elimination to discover what causes it, that would take months, and I might never find out. I'll pop a pill if when it gets out of hand.
 
I have had gout for years. I am not going through the effort of elimination to discover what causes it, that would take months, and I might never find out. I'll pop a pill if when it gets out of hand.

Don't want to end up like my grandad who lives on pain pills.

I'll rather go though the loops and see what I can do.

I am not fond of pills.


I'm saying that as I'm popping ibuprofen just to breath.
 
Don't want to end up like my grandad who lives on pain pills.

I'll rather go though the loops and see what I can do.

I am not fond of pills.


I'm saying that as I'm popping ibuprofen just to breath.

You're not going to take pills every day. Only when you are unable to put a shoe on. For me, that happens about once every two months, the other times I can feel is (which is almost always) but I can live with it, and it doesn't hamper me from doing anything. Even with heavy gout I could still do squats and legpress. But only that, no calf exercises.

When it's really bad, Colchicine works. Takes it away in hours.
 
You're not going to take pills every day. Only when you are unable to put a shoe on. For me, that happens about once every two months, the other times I can feel is (which is almost always) but I can live with it, and it doesn't hamper me from doing anything. Even with heavy gout I could still do squats and legpress. But only that, no calf exercises.

When it's really bad, Colchicine works. Takes it away in hours.

Fck me. I have seen the toll this terrible thing had taken on my dad and grandfather.

No looking forward to my future anymore
 
Fck me. I have seen the toll this terrible thing had taken on my dad and grandfather.

No looking forward to my future anymore

Do you only have it in your toe? I've had it for as long as I can remember. Never anywhere else. Only the same toe always.
 
Do you only have it in your toe? I've had it for as long as I can remember. Never anywhere else. Only the same toe always.

I only have it in the big toe, first time in my life. I want to die.

My dad has it in the wrists, knuckles feet. New respect for that man.

This is fcking disastrous.
 
I only have it in the big toe, first time in my life. I want to die.

My dad has it in the wrists, knuckles feet. New respect for that man.

This is fcking disastrous.

You will see that it's not disastrous. You will learn to live with it. All the time I am aware of gout, but it doesn't bother me or hamper me from doing anything, but flare-ups such as the one you have now, are not that frequent. The moment you feel it coming, pop two Panamor tablets. You will have ample warning.
 
You will see that it's not disastrous. You will learn to live with it. All the time I am aware of gout, but it doesn't bother me or hamper me from doing anything, but flare-ups such as the one you have now, are not that frequent. The moment you feel it coming, pop two Panamor tablets. You will have ample warning.

Fck me so much to adjust and learn now.

I live on sushi and red meat that obviously means I can't anymore.

I have puricos something tablets but I want to understand what it does first before I pop these lil buggers.

I'm a very health conscious person to the point where it can annoy others hence why this is a bit of a 'shock' to me.
 
Fck me so much to adjust and learn now.

I live on sushi and red meat that obviously means I can't anymore.

I have puricos something tablets but I want to understand what it does first before I pop these lil buggers.

I'm a very health conscious person to the point where it can annoy others hence why this is a bit of a 'shock' to me.

Who says you can't eat sushi and red meat anymore? Did that same person perhaps mention wine as well?
 
Who says you can't eat sushi and red meat anymore? Did that same person perhaps mention wine as well?

Sodium. To my understanding the urate acid binds to sodium to form the crystals.


As for red meat, Idk that just what I've always heard.

Like I said this just happened to me, I want to die.

So I'll be reading up on it tonight, from what I have read so far this is quite a knock apparently it can't be cured?

I'm not sure if it's the kidneys fault that they are unable to regulate the uric acid build up or if it's simply diet.

Ie what I am trying to say is I think gout is a result of underlying issues which If I want to cure myself of gout I first need to understand how it works and what the causes are.
 
Sodium. To my understanding the urate acid binds to sodium to form the crystals.


As for red meat, Idk that just what I've always heard.

Like I said this just happened to me, I want to die.

So I'll be reading up on it tonight, from what I have read so far this is quite a knock apparently it can't be cured?

I'm not sure if it's the kidneys fault that they are unable to regulate the uric acid build up or if it's simply diet.

Ie what I am trying to say is I think gout is a result of underlying issues which If I want to cure myself of gout I first need to understand how it works and what the causes are.

Dude, seriously, you are carrying on as if you just discovered you have a brain tumor. It will come and go, you will at some point forget you have it, you might have mild flare ups which will go away, sometimes (not often), you will need pills. It's no big deal.

I am also sure you will never find out exactly what causes it and how to avoid it. ;)
 
Dude, seriously, you are carrying on as if you just discovered you have a brain tumor. It will come and go, you will at some point forget you have it, you might have mild flare ups which will go away, sometimes (not often), you will need pills. It's no big deal.

I am also sure you will never find out exactly what causes it and how to avoid it. ;)

I have a pampered life. To me this is a curve ball from life

:P
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X