The Bodybuilders Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamerlane

I'm tired of searching this entire forum for posts on bodybuildng , nutrition and training etc , so I thought all the bodybuilders beginners and Advanced could all share their wisdom here because without knowledge you won't get anywhere in this game.

I have just started bodybuilding on the 5 December 2008 I was naturally muscular and since then I put on 9 kg of muscle from 74 kg i went to 83kg and I have been using cheap supplements like USN Fast Grow Anabolic. Always listen to what people have to say about your body when it comes to bodybuilding. I look as good as i want to but I will continue training.

I believe diet is more important then supplements this is what my diet looks like.

Breakfast

Some Fruits
2 bowls Jungle Oats
4 Boiled Eggs
2 Microwaved Potatoes
litre of water

I eat very slowly long breakfast.You must have a huge breakfast.

Lunch

200g Canned Fish
peanut butter sandwiches

After Training I take a Supplement.

Supper

either another 200g fish
or 200g powder milk be careful not to mix fish with milk.
Peanut Butter.

Anything else u can cram in is good.

The powder milk I buy from spar about R32 it has 34g protein IN a 100g and Its best to take before going to bed because it has a good combo of fast and slow release proteins so your muscles will be fed while you sleeping.

Best exercises for gaining mass Bench/Dumbell Press , Squats and Deadlifts these make your body wanna grow.I tend to really kill it on the squat rack my legs will be so sore i would not be able to do squats for another week until the muscles are repaired.

I always go heavier from 70kg on the squat rack when i started to 160kg.Always go heavier.You must damage the muscles in the gym for it to grow when u out the gym.

Please share any tips you have I wanna learn everything about this sport.

Last edited:

wizdumb

Expert Member
i like your meal plan

but

Breakfast

Some Fruits
2 bowls Jungle Oats
4 Boiled Eggs
2 Microwaved Potatoes
litre of water
holly budha thats a sh#tload of food for the morning... [edit] for any part of the day, for me ofcourse, lol

on exercises, i would say squats is probably one of the main core exercises that a person must not skip, and thats the one most people do skip
...but again, that might be were i'm going wrong - not that i'm trying to get huge, only a bit bigger and more ripped

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
I'm tired of searching this entire forum for posts on bodybuildng , nutrition and training etc ...................................................Please share any tips you have I wanna learn everything about this sport.
Well HERE is some additional info if you are interested. The forumites here aren't too interested in this kind of thing so your interests would be better served on other more specific forums :)

Tamerlane

i like your meal plan

but

holly budha thats a sh#tload of food for the morning... [edit] for any part of the day, for me ofcourse, lol

on exercises, i would say squats is probably one of the main core exercises that a person must not skip, and thats the one most people do skip
...but again, that might be were i'm going wrong - not that i'm trying to get huge, only a bit bigger and more ripped

No , You see I keep eating non stop a little by little I carry my food with me in a lunch tin my breakfast can last 40 min cause i eat slowly. The trick is to keep eating good food.

You know I was stuck at 79 kg for a while and when I started heavy squats I noticed after some time my legs and arms getting bigger.In no time my weight shot up to 83 kg.Thanks to my high protein diet and Usn Fast Grow Anabolic. My motto is train like a barbarian , eat like a barbarian ,sleep like a barbarian and then ya look like a barbarian.lol

Last edited:

Keeper

Honorary Master
Last edited:

Chris_H

Expert Member
So where are your pics?

Here is my current diet...

06H00:
200g oats
40g whey protein
2x Multi Vitamins
3x 1g Flax / Salmon oil caps
1x Zinc Pill
250ml fruit juice or milk

09H00:
Blend of protein shakes totalling 27 carbs and 52g of protein

12H00
500g boned chicken or 300g chicken fillets

15H00
1x Can of Tuna
2x 1g Flax / Salmon oil caps

17H00 (pre workout - only taken on training days)
Protein Shake totalling 33g Protein and 55g Carbs

20H00 (Post workout - only taken on training days)
35g whey protein

21H00 (this is earlier on non training days):
At least 500g chicken,
minimal rice/pasta
loads of veggies

23H00
Naptime Slow Release Protein shake.

I try to drink at least 2L of water a day, no coffee but enjoy tea.

My favourite quote is:
"Why take something the body doesn't need right now?" - The Oak

Chris_H

Expert Member
What is a good slow release protein shake to use?
I use Evox Synergy Whey Protein. It contains 3 types of protein with three different digestion rates.

Whey Isolate takes 30 minutes to 60 minutes to digest.
Whey Conentrate takes 60minutes to 120 minutes to digest
Casien takes 120 minutes to 240 minutes to digest.

Here is the graph...

You can use any other brand that you like as long as it has these protein types that over lap. You need about 8 hours sleep and this only fuels you for 4 hours so either you can set your alarm and have a "midnight" snack or leave it as the extra 4 hours is more than you would have had anyways.

Sensorei

Executive Member
So where are your pics?

Here is my current diet...

06H00:
200g oats
40g whey protein
2x Multi Vitamins
3x 1g Flax / Salmon oil caps
1x Zinc Pill
250ml fruit juice or milk

09H00:
Blend of protein shakes totalling 27 carbs and 52g of protein

12H00
500g boned chicken or 300g chicken fillets

15H00
1x Can of Tuna
2x 1g Flax / Salmon oil caps

17H00 (pre workout - only taken on training days)
Protein Shake totalling 33g Protein and 55g Carbs

20H00 (Post workout - only taken on training days)
35g whey protein

21H00 (this is earlier on non training days):
At least 500g chicken,
minimal rice/pasta
loads of veggies

23H00
Naptime Slow Release Protein shake.

I try to drink at least 2L of water a day, no coffee but enjoy tea.

My favourite quote is:
"Why take something the body doesn't need right now?" - The Oak
Post a pic up dude. If you're eating 450g protein a day you must be massive (or wasting a ****load of protein). I'd be amazed if that diet is working for you with so little EFA's/good fats vs. Protein. You aren't even getting in 10% of your calories from good fats or am I missing something?

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
What's the point in posting your whole diet, when you're omitting what else you're taking? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.