The Brexit Thread

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
EU migrant workers contribute £2,300 more per year to UK than average British citizen

Taxes will have to rise if Brexit brings strict curbs on EU workers because they pay far more to the public purse than British-born residents, a study warns today.

Migrants from the EU contribute £2,300 more to the exchequer each year in net terms than the average adult, the analysis for the government has found.

And, over their lifetimes, they pay in £78,000 more than they take out in public services and benefits - while the average UK citizen’s net lifetime contribution is zero.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
“The people get one vote, and one vote only, that’s how democracy works, anything after that is undemocratic and should be crushed with force.”
Curious wording, but not far from the truth. You don't keep voting until you get the result you want, the membership lasted 40 years, waiting 40 years after brexit actually happens for a re-vote is entirely fair.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Some lovely spin there. How much do the ones who literally just sit on the dole contribute? How much tax are the rapists in Sweden paying?
The rapist in Sweden technically does not live in UK, an embassy is foreign territory.

How many unemployed Europeans in the UK?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Curious wording, but not far from the truth. You don't keep voting until you get the result you want, the membership lasted 40 years, waiting 40 years after brexit actually happens for a re-vote is entirely fair.
Doesn’t the UK have this thing whereby x number of signatures forces a referendum on the issue?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
The rapist in Sweden technically does not live in UK, an embassy is foreign territory.

How many unemployed Europeans in the UK?
You don't think the Brits are worried that the waves of rapists would eventually come to the UK as well? Look at how Hungary got disciplined for not wanting to throw the gates open to more rapists ...

Honestly no idea how many unemployed Europeans are in the UK, I'd bet it is more than one though, and I recall reading not too long ago the EU would not accept one of Cameron's proposals to cut welfare to those.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Doesn’t the UK have this thing whereby x number of signatures forces a referendum on the issue?
Nope, the brexit debate was delayed despite previously having the required signatures IIRC. In the UK it forces parliament to discuss, nothing more unless they want to.

I think in Switzerland it actually does force a vote even if their overlords don't want one though.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
You don't think the Brits are worried that the waves of rapists would eventually come to the UK as well? Look at how Hungary got disciplined for not wanting to throw the gates open to more rapists ...

Honestly no idea how many unemployed Europeans are in the UK, I'd bet it is more than one though, and I recall reading not too long ago the EU would not accept one of Cameron's proposals to cut welfare to those.
The sanctions are for these reasons, not about the migrants:

Judith Sargentini, the Dutch Greens lawmaker who steered the proposal through, said after the historic vote: “Viktor Orban’s government has been leading the charge against European values by silencing independent media, replacing critical judges, and putting academia on a leash.
Also, the UK can perfectly control its borders (especially since they're not on Schengen) but never even started implementing it.

More fallacies?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
The sanctions are for these reasons, not about the migrants
and you believe that obvious lie? LOL

It is the exact same bs they used against Poland, the fact remains that in Hungary's case the action came only with his hardline stance on border control, the EU was perfectly happy with him until then

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Nope, the brexit debate was delayed despite previously having the required signatures IIRC. In the UK it forces parliament to discuss, nothing more unless they want to.

I think in Switzerland it actually does force a vote even if their overlords don't want one though.
In France, Switzerland and probably a few other countries too. I guess it makes sense that the UK doesn't do this, Scottish would ask for referendums every 10 minutes.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
and you believe that obvious lie? LOL

It is the exact same bs they used against Poland, the fact remains that in Hungary's case the action came only with his hardline stance on border control, the EU was perfectly happy with him until then
I believe that Hungary has been flouting democracy and the freedom of press since Orban is here yes. It's against EU rules, hence there are sanctions.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I believe that Hungary has been flouting democracy and the freedom of press since Orban is here yes. It's against EU rules, hence there are sanctions.
Eish, you're quite deeply indoctrinated by the EU, more so than I thought.

I can't wait for it all to come crashing down, it will be a great day for democracy. But you knew that already.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Eish, you're quite deeply indoctrinated by the EU, more so than I thought.

I can't wait for it all to come crashing down, it will be a great day for democracy. But you knew that already.
And very proud to be indoctrinated by the most democratic block, richest and major world's consumer market, yes. Being indoctrinated by success is not bad at all.

I don't think any of us will live to see that day where it crashes TBH.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Can't say I'm surprised that supposed 'libertarian' NBFTW would defend a fascist and spout bigotry in that defence just because he hates the EU so much.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Can't say I'm surprised that supposed 'libertarian' NBFTW would defend a fascist and spout bigotry in that defence just because he hates the EU so much.
Just as I am unsurprised by your throwing around of retarded labels when you have nothing to back it up with.

Fascism, btw, is the oppression of political dissent ... I can draw it for you in crayon, but only one party is exhibiting that behaviour and it is not the one doing exactly what his own people voted for him to do ...

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Just as I am unsurprised by your throwing around of retarded labels when you have nothing to back it up with.

Fascism, btw, is the oppression of political dissent ... I can draw it for you in crayon, but only one party is exhibiting that behaviour and it is not the one doing exactly what his own people voted for him to do ...
Yes, I know you are fine with suppression of political dissent, free press, the independence of the judiciary, etc. Orban does it, Putin does it... Oh right, no wonder you don't mind. :)