The Brexit Thread

f2wohf

Honorary Master
You should stop reading what the government wants you to read and check some other sources, fyi RT shows a live feed every weekend, without ANY editing, you can bloody well count more than 1500 yourself if you have the time.

Don't be so gullible dude.
I should stop reading what the government wants me to read but read what the Russian government wants me to read. Makes perfect sense. #logicfail

Swiss media is also government media? https://www.lacote.ch/articles/monde/france-l-acte-14-des-gilets-jaunes-marque-par-des-heurts-et-des-insultes-antisemites-820912

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I should stop reading what the government wants me to read but read what the Russian government wants me to read. Makes perfect sense. #logicfail
If you care to remove your blinkers you would know what Ruptly is by now and you would know how it cannot possibly be propaganda. It is a raw feed without any commentary or editing. So according to your logic, the Russian government wants you to see unedited, raw video feeds without commentary, forcing you to make up your own mind. ZORMG HOW DARE THEY!!!

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Jesus, I now there is absolutely no point in bothering, but if you insist, perhaps someone with a brain will read this:
"Brexit will be easy, and have no downsides"
  1. brexit has not happened yet
  2. only one idiot said it would have no downsides, mind you that same idiot's quotes are used for the entire article, that one idiot does NOT REPRESENT all of government or all of brexit
  3. brexit could be very easy, even now, that is not a past event, all that is required is a negotiating team with balls and the mandate to use them
and so on and so forth for the other 10 bullshit "promises"
He was literally government's Brexit minister. And it isn't only his quotes used.

Promises about what would happen during the period after the referendum but before the leave date have been broken, but please continue to ignore them.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
If you care to remove your blinkers you would know what Ruptly is by now and you would know how it cannot possibly be propaganda. It is a raw feed without any commentary or editing. So according to your logic, the Russian government wants you to see unedited, raw video feeds without commentary, forcing you to make up your own mind. ZORMG HOW DARE THEY!!!
Sorry but I've seen many many many many protests in France. I've seen 4 saturdays of yellow vests as well during my month in Paris in December.

This one is nothing compared to the CPE or the 1995 reforms protests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_strikes_in_France
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouvement_contre_le_contrat_première_embauche

And also, they protest based on fake news (the 1973 law about the debt is fake news, they don't even understand what it really means and prevents).

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
This one is nothing compared to the CPE or the 1995 reforms protests
I wouldn't know but this is large scale, certainly larger than 1500 people this past weekend, which is easy to see from any raw live feed.

And also, they protest based on fake news (the 1973 law about the debt is fake news, they don't even understand what it really means and prevents).
Eh? It has turned into a general anti-establishment and most certainly anti-Macron protest, honestly haven't read anything about a 1973 law being any motivation. Many MSM outlets clung to the BS "fuel price" thing for a while, but even they have given up their false narrative by now, opting instead to not report it at all.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
I wouldn't know but this is large scale, certainly larger than 1500 people this past weekend, which is easy to see from any raw live feed.

Eh? It has turned into a general anti-establishment and most certainly anti-Macron protest, honestly haven't read anything about a 1973 law being any motivation. Many MSM outlets clung to the BS "fuel price" thing for a while, but even they have given up their false narrative by now, opting instead to not report it at all.
It isn't a structured movement, each faction has different claims. It goes from the far right to the far left so imagine the mess and conflicting claims.

But they all agree on the 1973 law about the Central Bank and want the Central Bank to be able to print money. Not printing money actually does stem from the status of the Central Bank of 1936. 1973's law does not speak of that but has an obscure formulation which makes them think it speaks of that. :ROFL:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/yellow-vests-plan-protest-outside-rothschild-bank-in-france/

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
But they all agree on the 1973 law about the Central Bank and want the Central Bank to be able to print money. Not printing money actually does stem from the status of the Central Bank of 1936. 1973's law does not speak of that but has an obscure formulation which makes them think it speaks of that. :ROFL:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/yellow-vests-plan-protest-outside-rothschild-bank-in-france/
So reading that article ... they blame private banking for the growing government debt and believe if the government printed money instead / loaned money to itself at zero interest there wouldn't be a massive debt problem?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
So reading that article ... they blame private banking for the growing government debt and believe if the government printed money instead / loaned money to itself at zero interest there wouldn't be a massive debt problem?
Pretty much.

Makes perfect sense no? :ROFL:

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Pretty much.
Makes perfect sense no? :ROFL:
They're partially right: government debt should be eradicated and is worthy of large scale protest. Their solution however is stupid, still, if Macron is ousted as a consequence that's a win.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
They're partially right: government debt should be eradicated and is worthy of large scale protest. Their solution however is stupid, still, if Macron is ousted as a consequence that's a win.
Debt for current expenditure is useless.
Debt for capital investment is necessary.

A minority throwing out an elected President, a real sign of self-determination.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Yes, three fake Conservatives have left the party to join the "Independent Group". Oh hallelujah! Now to just take Grieve and Boles with you. Liberal infiltrators be gone! Brexit keeps on delivering unintended benefits!

Notice the irony that although all these people who have quit Labour and the Conservatives propose a 2nd referendum, none of them are holding a by-election. I wonder why...couldn't be because they'd be thrashed?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Debt for current expenditure is useless.
Debt for capital investment is necessary.
Debt anywhere NEAR your GDP is not necessary, nor wise and simply should not be allowed.

A minority throwing out an elected President, a real sign of self-determination.
It's only fair, Soros got Macron elected after all. Talk about minority, how about a single individual :p

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Debt anywhere NEAR your GDP is not necessary, nor wise and simply should not be allowed.

It's only fair, Soros got Macron elected after all. Talk about minority, how about a single individual :p
Soros filled the ballots for 20 743 128 voters in 36 000 municipalities?

Macron was actually elected with more votes than Hollande or Sarkozy got.

zippy

Executive Member
This new independant group outnumbers the DUP MP's on which May's govt was dependant. So while the numbers seem low, there significance is not low.

lumeer

The EU must be stressing. In a little over a month's time, their second largest economy, and strongest millitary, is leaving them.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
The EU must be stressing. In a little over a month's time, their second largest economy, and strongest millitary, is leaving them.
Second strongest military by any measure. https://www.military.com/undertheradar/2017/08/top-10-militaries-world-2017

Second or third largest economy depending on the years and certainly permanent third after Brexit with businesses and financial services relocating.

And no, it's a blessing that the UK leaves. They've always been the ones slowing down European construction.

De Gaulle was right to refuse their admission ("England is not much any more'").

I'm a pro-European pro-Brexit.