The Brexit Thread

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Here we go again :D

Just like the electoral system in the US is broken right? When will you guys start seeing the problems for what they are? Mostly central people are being pushed right because of the left... But don't listen, keep on keeping on...

Are the public voting for Boris, or members of the British Parliament?

And yes, as far as I'm concerned the First Passed the Post system they use in Britain is broken, but thats not even vaguely at play here.

roadcat

Expert Member
Fsck the anti-Brexiteers...

You should watch all the intelligent peoples faces...

The fact that a buffoon like Boris can even have a shot at PM is mind boggling.

Agree, I want him to win, just so the UK can make more fools of themselves and become irrelevant.

The Voice

Honorary Master
I stand corrected, this is not British Parliament then.....

The Conservatives then are a bunch of fscking morons if they put Boris in the position of PM.
He made it through this round with 114(!) votes. All women out.

Cray

Honorary Master
https://www.thenational.scot/news/1...le-from-2007-perfectly-reveals-his-hypocrisy/

This Boris Johnson article from 2007 perfectly reveals his hypocrisy

"The British public sucked its teeth, squinted at him closely, sighed and, with extreme reluctance, decided to elect him Prime Minister for another five years. Let me repeat that. They voted for Anthony Charles Lynton Blair to serve as their leader. They were at no stage invited to vote on whether Gordon Brown should be PM."

Johnson continues: "They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal.

"Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup, effected by the Brownites, and it is possible only because Tony had run out of road."

"There's always a Trump tweet," the phrase goes. For anything he says as president, there's a tweet from years past that contradicts what he says. It's probably time for a new phrase: "There's always a Boris Johnson column."

Cray

Honorary Master
It's hypocrisy now that after 12 years nothing has changed so he's now caught in the same thing?

I don't think that is how hypocrisy works...

hypocrisy - the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

Yeah, claiming a moral high ground and then abandoning it when it suits you own career is pretty much exactly how hypocrisy works...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Yeah, claiming a moral high ground and then abandoning it when it suits you own career is pretty much exactly how hypocrisy works...

Boris has never had a moral high ground though... He's the quintessential retarded Toff.

Pitbull

Verboten

12 years ago, and if you read the article, he blamed the system not the person.

I think we're on completely different pages here.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Are the public voting for Boris, or members of the British Parliament?

And yes, as far as I'm concerned the First Passed the Post system they use in Britain is broken, but thats not even vaguely at play here.

If you are obsessed with, and hate, some nebulous, catch-all version of 'the left' - it simply has to be brought into everything and blamed for everything. Even intra-Conservative Party votes.

You see, the UK public hate 'the left' so much, they voted more for explicitly Remain parties (which in his mind = the left) in greater numbers than Brexit parties in the latest EU election.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Technically the Queen chooses the prime minister. It is supposed to be someone in whom parliament has confidence, so typically this is a person who belongs to the party with the majority in parliament.

It would be funny to watch Boris try to bully the EU. Although probably bad for the UK, so not something I'd actually want to happen. Says a lot about the party too if they're so far beyond scraping the bottom of the barrel.

This has nothing to do with the left alienating and annoying people.
There isn't much evidence for those in the centre being pushed to the right anyway.

Pitbull

Verboten
If you are obsessed with, and hate, some nebulous, catch-all version of 'the left' - it simply has to be brought into everything and blamed for everything. Even intra-Conservative Party votes.

You see, the UK public hate 'the left' so much, they voted more for explicitly Remain parties (which in his mind = the left) in greater numbers than Brexit parties in the latest EU election.

When you can't read and need to label someone as hating "the left"

Sorry that reality is ripping your leftist butthole a new one :D

rietrot

Honorary Master

Your argument doesn't really work if you have to BS the stats around voting at the end.

millennia

It would be funny to watch Boris try to bully the EU. Although probably bad for the UK, so not something I'd actually want to happen. Says a lot about the party too if they're so far beyond scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I imagine he'd be something like a Chihuahua. Barks at everything and tries to be scary and intimidating but at the end of it all, sits down and shuts up when told to do so...