The Brexit Thread

Dave

Honorary Master
Dave/Buka/Orbital/Spizz doing that for us.
Let's do a little fact checking.

Dave lives and works in the UK
Buka lives and works in the UK
Spizz has lived and worked in the UK

Chris has a 2 week holiday in the UK and thinks he's the world's foremost expert on the UK

That should put a bit of perspective on the matter, shouldn't it?

buka001

Executive Member
Then he must stop whining and whingeing about Brexit and get on with it, contribute to making Britain great again.
Else move to Poland, Scotland or Ukraine.
I actually am. Will help provide 8% of UK's power supply for a generation and I pay 40% tax that helps fund those benefits for those in the council estates and one weekend a month I volunteer with the charity, Blesma which is the charity that assists military veterans who lost their limbs in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. You willing to help out with a donation? PM me. You know us SJW's have to SJW.

With regards to the power station I am building, it may become quite difficult as we run out of labour. We are already short of labour. How are your steel fixing skills boet?

Anything of value to offer regarding the immigration scheme? What is your suggestion to solve the current labour shortages and the further shortages envisaged under this scheme?

Last edited:

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Let's do a little fact checking.

Dave lives and works in the UK
Buka lives and works in the UK
Spizz has lived and worked in the UK

Chris has a 2 week holiday in the UK and thinks he's the world's foremost expert on the UK

That should put a bit of perspective on the matter, shouldn't it?
No it really doesn't. And what is 'the matter' that you are particularly talking about? I read a lot about UK politics, it is just an interest of mine. Just like I read a lot about US politics because the politics over there is far more interesting than SA politics which is entirely predictable.

(PS: I've been to the UK around 8 times and last year I was in the UK for 6 weeks).

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Oh so you aren't doing anything to help Britain then?
Well the UK would be better off without constant moaners like you. Why don't you just move to another European country then and get a building job there? Since according to you, the UK is moving into a dark period of its (largely) glorious history.

buka001

Executive Member
Well the UK would be better off without constant moaners like you. Why don't you just move to another European country then and get a building job there? Since according to you, the UK is moving into a dark period of its (largely) glorious history.
Good idea, should the 48% who voted Remain be sent to the gulags to stop them from complaining?

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Good idea, should the 48% who voted Remain be sent to the gulags to stop them from complaining?
No, but I do feel the UK would be better off without the constant moaning (yes I do realise it is a national pastime in the UK, but it has reached a crescendo since 2016). The UK needs a more positive, can-do, optimistic culture...yes, be more like Boris.

Who wants to be surrounded by a storm of negativity all day?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
No, but I do feel the UK would be better off without the constant moaning (yes I do realise it is a national pastime in the UK, but it has reached a crescendo since 2016). The UK needs a more positive, can-do, optimistic culture...yes, be more like Boris.

So you want the UK to be more like a blithering idiot toff then? I think you have sweet fa clue what an average brit is like.

Whright

I actually am. Will help provide 8% of UK's power supply for a generation and I pay 40% tax that helps fund those benefits for those in the council estates and one weekend a month I volunteer with the charity, Blesma which is the charity that assists military veterans who lost their limbs in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. You willing to help out with a donation? PM me. You know us SJW's have to SJW.

With regards to the power station I am building, it may become quite difficult as we run out of labour. We are already short of labour. How are your steel fixing skills boet?

Anything of value to offer regarding the immigration scheme? What is your suggestion to solve the current labour shortages and the further shortages envisaged under this scheme?
Buka, I apologize for underestimating you. Good man and good on you for what you are doing.
I also feel you with regard to paying such high tax, as do I in SA.

I don’t help provide 8% of SA power generation, then again I don’t receive 000000.8% power generated by SA lately.

My Grandad was a recipient of Blesma,
We have not donated in a while, so good on you and bad on me.

Dave

Honorary Master
So you want the UK to be more like a blithering idiot toff then?
A blithering dishonest, adulterous idiot who is an inveterate liar, is hiding possible links to Russia and who has a chief adviser that has been held in contempt of parliament (and has his own Russian links).

Lets all aspire to be like that...

I think you have sweet fa clue what an average brit is like.
I think that's been proven many times over the years.

Whright

Oh so you aren't doing anything to help Britain then?
Depends, I now earn all my money in SA and spend most of it in SA, so yes I’m not doing enough for Britain in that regard, however my vote counts, so in that regard I’m helping my fellow Brit.

buka001

Executive Member
Buka, I apologize for underestimating you. Good man and good on you for what you are doing.
I also feel you with regard to paying such high tax, as do I in SA.

I don’t help provide 8% of SA power generation, then again I don’t receive 000000.8% power generated by SA lately.

My Grandad was a recipient of Blesma,
We have not donated in a while, so good on you and bad on me.
No worries. I got into the charity through a friend of my dad. It really does good work.

buka001

Executive Member
Depends, I now earn all my money in SA and spend most of it in SA, so yes I’m not doing enough for Britain in that regard, however my vote counts, so in that regard I’m helping my fellow Brit.
I understand I got a bit irritated, so ignore my snarky post.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
So you want the UK to be more like a blithering idiot toff then? I think you have sweet fa clue what an average brit is like.
You should watch yourself about who you are calling an idiot. He got into Oxford, one of top two universities in the UK. Idiots don't get into Oxford.

Edit: And unlike many politicians in the UK he didn't study PPE. He studied Classics, which again shows high levels of intelligence.

buka001

Executive Member

I only really moan here and entertain the moans of fellow colleagues.

Ultimately I do just get on with it. It frustrates me where everyday I have to pull rabbits out of hats because we don't have enough workers, only for Priti to come out and say we going to stifle the supply of our biggest labour force.

So for you this may just be a LOL at the libs moment, but this is something that could affect me directly.

I think it is some posturing negotiation tactic to scare the Eastern European bloc of the EU into pushing the EU for more concessions at the negotiations. Therefore may practically never be adopted.

Which might have worked if it was 2004. But these days with labour shortages in Hungary and Romania these young guys may be swoping London for home. So the governments might welcome measures that don't attract them to England any longer.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
No, but I do feel the UK would be better off without the constant moaning (yes I do realise it is a national pastime in the UK, but it has reached a crescendo since 2016).
So who's allowed to moan? Only Brexiteers? They still can't stop moaning even though they supposedly 'won'.

Chris_the_Brit said:
The UK needs a more positive, can-do, optimistic culture...yes, be more like Boris.

Does this apply to South Africa, too?

You should watch yourself about who you are calling an idiot. He got into Oxford, one of top two universities in the UK. Idiots don't get into Oxford.

Edit: And unlike many politicians in the UK he didn't study PPE. He studied Classics, which again shows high levels of intelligence.
He studied in the humanities? The same field that's constantly denigrated as being useless by right wingers?

Last edited:

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Got some bad news for folks who thinks a points-based system will reduce immigration. Canada, Australia and New Zealand have points systems, and their immigration isn't exactly low...

The Voice

Executive Member
A blithering dishonest, adulterous idiot who is an inveterate liar, is hiding possible links to Russia and who has a chief adviser that has been held in contempt of parliament (and has his own Russian links).

Lets all aspire to be like that...

I think that's been proven many times over the years.
Still better than a Commie, terrorist sympathiser who would rather put the interests of the rest of the world ahead of his own country and people. Admit it, we really dodged a bullet with that one.
Got some bad news for folks who thinks a points-based system will reduce immigration. Canada, Australia and New Zealand have points systems, and their immigration isn't exactly low...
Just because people apply in droves doesn't guarantee they'll all get in. And point systems at least mean that the governments get to approve of who they're letting in through the front door. The system focuses on quality, not quantity.

It may not have reduced how many people are migrating to Canada, Australia or New Zealand, but I can almost guarantee those applying are not fruit pickers.