The Cannabis Thread

LCBXX

Honorary Master
How the hell do these shops manage to operate?

And how do you manage to go there and not get arrested?
Am I missing something here? This is still technically illegal more than enough articles clearly stating that. How on earth can you have a 420cafe? What am I missing?
One cannot be sure other than theorizing that the police rather choose to go after softer arrests in the townships and hostels as the odds of finding low-grade dagga, as well as other harder drugs, are much more likely.
420 Cafe patrons are also more likely to lawyer up and take the case to court, which means effort on the side of the authoroties. Besides, there is no harm that stoners at said cafe will cause anyone; most patrons Uber to and from the cafe.

Last edited:

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I found that I had to eat a lot more of their jelly babies than reccomended by them to have any mild effect. Same with their tinctures. That said, the people I gave it away to said they enjoyed the effect it had.
I only bought the e-liquid, twice. Smoked the first 10ml in 20 minutes. Later got a mail to say they have a "stronger" e-liquid, bought again, and still no effect, was a bit pissed off as it's expensive for something that does not do anything.
When I take it/smoke it/eat it I want to get farked lol.
So sticking to old faithful Blueberry Haze and NYC Diesel for now

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Am I missing something here? This is still technically illegal more than enough articles clearly stating that. How on earth can you have a 420cafe? What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

A business opportunity.

saor

Honorary Master
Am I missing something here? This is still technically illegal more than enough articles clearly stating that. How on earth can you have a 420cafe? What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

A business opportunity.
Used to be a club in CPT called Getafix...could buy weed and ready-rolled joints over the counter. Don't think I ever heard of cops busting the place.

grok

Honorary Master
I want to make liquid form for a vape
Don't we all.
YouTube, bitches..

I just intro'd my mom to the joys of smoking joints for pain relief, she has osteoporosis which led to vertebrae in her lower back collapsing. She's had a few cemented solid which brought relief but the rest in her lower back is crumbling so badly now, the muscles have no place to hold onto anymore. Leading to excruciating pain..

I organised some proper Rick Simpson caps but also left her 2 joints and she much prefer the immediate relief smoking gives her. She's a smoker so no issues there, she's also not too keen on the rituals with vaporisers etc.

Thing is I bought some dunno, 'Brown Onion' or something strain from a street seller I managed to track down via a friend, its quite strong but I know nothing of the product.

Which strain is better for pain relief? Also Indica/Sativa? I'm obviously going to organise some of the better quality stuff and need recommendations.

Thing is I've recently been diagnosed with MDS, a kind of pre-leukemia, myself and have no qualms using cannabis for whatever reason, even if I have to grow it myself..

Polymathic

Honorary Master
YouTube, bitches..

I just intro'd my mom to the joys of smoking joints for pain relief, she has osteoporosis which led to vertebrae in her lower back collapsing. She's had a few cemented solid which brought relief but the rest in her lower back is crumbling so badly now, the muscles have no place to hold onto anymore. Leading to excruciating pain..

I organised some proper Rick Simpson caps but also left her 2 joints and she much prefer the immediate relief smoking gives her. She's a smoker so no issues there, she's also not too keen on the rituals with vaporisers etc.

Thing is I bought some dunno, 'Brown Onion' or something strain from a street seller I managed to track down via a friend, its quite strong but I know nothing of the product.

Which strain is better for pain relief? Also Indica/Sativa? I'm obviously going to organise some of the better quality stuff and need recommendations.

Thing is I've recently been diagnosed with MDS, a kind of pre-leukemia, myself and have no qualms using cannabis for whatever reason, even if I have to grow it myself..
Yeah 5 minutes after posting that thread I did a Goggle

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Used to be a club in CPT called Getafix...could buy weed and ready-rolled joints over the counter. Don't think I ever heard of cops busting the place.
Yeah I'm well familiar with Getafix but it didn't seem to operate quite as out in the open as this joint.

Then again we didn't have Google Maps in those days with user reviews and GPS tags.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
NPA, SAPS and other enemies of the people

As the UK promises an about-turn on its archaic cannabis laws and Canada becomes the first G7 nation to fully legalise, South Africa continues to brutalise its citizens for consuming, growing or trading the plant. What appears to be coalescing here is a three-way alliance between the NPA, SAPS and the Medicines Control Council, a grand plan to take the cash-crop away from local growers and hand it to Big Pharma. Can they be stopped?
[video=youtube_share;fAWohvTEVs4]https://youtu.be/fAWohvTEVs4[/video]

It is truly disgusting.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
It is truly disgusting.
I hear people say that we should relax on this issue as craft weed growing will become a booming industry in the same way craft beer has. The forget that it took years for legislation to change to allow this boom in the craft beer industry where the public can now choose to drink the mass-produced piss made by the SAB or choose to have something unique made my passionate brewers on a small scale.

grok

Honorary Master
I hear people say that we should relax on this issue as craft weed growing will become a booming industry in the same way craft beer has. The forget that it took years for legislation to change to allow this boom in the craft beer industry where the public can now choose to drink the mass-produced piss made by the SAB or choose to have something unique made my passionate brewers on a small scale.
Then we need to push for legislation to change faster..

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Then we need to push for legislation to change faster..
I suppose it is best to wait for the decriminalisation laws to come into effect so that the State, and the public in general, have less recourse and propaganda to stifle the message.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
This was the most interesting thing I heard on this regarding the whole propaganda side etc: https://www.parcast.com/conspiracy/2018/3/14/e9-reefer-madness
I didn't listen to the entire recording; what I know is that a lot of the US lobbying occurred from wealthy owners of paper-mills and wood plantations, as well as the boom in cotton, against the use of Hemp fibres as the basis for textiles and paper. The fact that the plant used to extract the Hemp fibres also happened to produce a flower that people consumed, and resulted in "intoxication", was almost a lucky break for the lobbyists and they went after that aspect like bats out of hell to drive their own profit narrative.

You can get lost in all the material on Wikipedia alone that speaks to the history of dagga and the process that led to prohibition. Looking back today it is almost laughable; I still remember how the police and [religious] activists against it visited our school and demonised it, together with Rock Music (Rodney Seale's book).

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Here are some of the doccies that I watched on dagga over the past couple of years that were interesting (Thanks Netflix):
  • Grass
  • The Union: The Business Behind Getting High
  • Super High Me
  • The Culture High
  • 420 - The Documentary