The Cannabis Thread

MagicDragon

Rosin presses are beauts but the yields make me cry. Only been using silicone paper so haven’t had the best yields.
But I hear once using the bags or Teflon sheets the yields get so much bigger!! Excited to try it with them.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Hi guys . Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. We are Magic Dragon. A franchise started in Rivonia by Quinn of the DQ Central show. I myself have the third franchise open in the Pretoria East area.

We are a retail store that cater for CBD products and all the tools and paraphernalia for growing and recreational use of our favourite plant. Including a heat press for rosin extraction and herb vapes.

If your in the Pretoria area pop in and visit, I’m based at Gift Acres Centre , Lynnwood Ridge. Or like and follow us on Facebook.

Regards
Tony
Magic Dragon Lynnwood Ridge
No webpage/site?

biometrics

Honorary Master
Rosin presses are beauts but the yields make me cry. Only been using silicone paper so haven’t had the best yields.
But I hear once using the bags or Teflon sheets the yields get so much bigger!! Excited to try it with them.
I've got everything ready:

- rosin press
- flower compaction tool
- various micron pressing filters bags
- silicone paper
- scraping tools
- mixing jars
- rosin collection container
- terpenes
- syringes
- needles (incl blunt)
- carts
- final 22 micron syringe filters
- cart filling tools (came with some of the carts)
- gloves
- various cleaning items (cotton buds, ear buds, pipe cleaner)

In addition I'm going to freeze my flowers at 62% humidity so I also have:

- 62% humidity control container (use before freezing)
- scale (to work out yields)
- many console jars
- three drawer set for the above

Now just waiting for my crop. Will have some flowers to press in about two weeks I think.

MagicDragon

Wow. You just got me drooling with your set up?!?! And I’m glad to see rosin and dabbing is gaining traction in the mzansi market.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Wow. You just got me drooling with your set up?!?! And I’m glad to see rosin and dabbing is gaining traction in the mzansi market.
I'm totally in love with vaping after many many years of smoking but the HV cost is unsustainable. So basically I made a R10k investment for free unlimited home made vape. Of course will only be using the best home grown. It should be comparable to HV I think considering all the filters I will use. I didn't want to go the solvent route.

In fact I think I'm going to prefer this as I suspect more canabanoids will be in my rosin than in HV's CO2 solvent process.

I noticed the high from HV vs smoking is different. Smoking seems to have a wider range of effects vs HV which is a very clean high.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Btw, don't think you'll get larger yields with the filters bags but rather a better quality. You might get a bit more as you can press it a second time.

But as my rosin press supplier said, you get out what you put in.

KantSnyer

Hey all. What's your best bang for buck on/off schedule to keep tolerance in check?

Thanks
Daily smoker here, half a small joint in the evening and I'm good to go, get just as goofed every night for the past 15 odd years. Depends what you're after I guess, I'm over trying to get baked out of my mind, same as 1 beer in the evening versus 6. Tolerance only becomes an issue when I smoke more than once a day.

Last edited:

SarelSeemonster

2 weeks average.

That's why I invested in a Rosin Press to make my own.
So what your saying is Almost 2g Indoor a day ?!?!
Yep, it's insane, and I need to calm tf down or my budget is going to kill me. Back to decent mids with me for the foreseeable future.

My downfall with this thing is it's just too convenient. Pick it up, suck a little, no mess, no fuss. It's just always there, waiting...like a pacifier!

HFS. I assume you've developed god-tier levels of tolerance along the way? Do you still buy from HV?
Tolerance now is definitely sky high. Nah, this was my 2nd purchase from HV. Wanted a refillable 1gm cartridge, the first one was 0.5gm non-refillable.

undeadpool

See above post. Everything ready, just waiting for my crop.
Wow, I'm excited on your behalf.

Yep, it's insane, and I need to calm tf down or my budget is going to kill me. Back to decent mids with me for the foreseeable future.

My downfall with this thing is it's just too convenient. Pick it up, suck a little, no mess, no fuss. It's just always there, waiting...like a pacifier!

Tolerance now is definitely sky high. Nah, this was my 2nd purchase from HV. Wanted a refillable 1gm cartridge, the first one was 0.5gm non-refillable.
You make a really good point, it's really convenient. I keep the pen stashed away to try and limit myself to weekend use only for this very reason.

Gnarls

Expert Member
Weekends only.
This seems to be the consensus. I think I'm a strive for this.

Daily smoker here, half a small joint in the evening and I'm good to go, get just as goofed every night for the past 15 odd years. Depends what you're after I guess, I'm over trying to get baked out of my mind, same as 1 beer in the evening versus 6. Tolerance only becomes an issue when I smoke more than once a day.
Yeah, I think I might use a combination of both. Low amounts during the week and then save the best for weekends. I do like a spliff/vape after work. Just need to keep that tolerance in check.

Thanks for the opinions all.

Bertus9

So not sure if I can post this here but giving it a shot. My guy in Durbanville is waiting for harvest and thus I'm looking for someone in the area that has good quality indoor ferns.

Appreciate any help.