The Cannabis Thread

Ejeckt

This whole indoor hydro thing really bugs me. People, there is no difference. Nix, nill, null, zip, zero.

The only difference is one is most likely grown in soil and "hydro" is soil-less, usually grown in coco or directly in water, seriously makes zippo difference, so paying extra is just down right silly IMO. All hydro means is growing without soil, which is done mostly to avoid bugs and it is easier to control nutrient feeding. But does it make the bud better. No.

What is actually important is the grower, you can get some mad stuff grown indoor in soil and some crap weed that was grown in a NFT / flood and drain system.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Have a happy day everyone! :)
True. But commercially, the average indoor grower is probably going to be more experienced and attentive than the average outdoor grower. I'm sure most of us outdoor homegrowers fuss over our plants to make sure they're happy and healthy, but if you have a field of tens or hundreds you're probably going to pay less attention than the indoor grower who has fewer plants. I tend to go for outdoor/greenhouse but that's cause I'm poor :D

Last edited:

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Anyone tried or heard of this before?

I think I will give it a go this week seeing as my tolerance is through the roof.

Fortwenny

I think I will give it a go this week seeing as my tolerance is through the roof.
Please let me know if it works. I only dab and I'm up to a gram every 3 days. Does switching to edibles for a week help anyones tolerance levels come down?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Please let me know if it works. I only dab and I'm up to a gram every 3 days. Does switching to edibles for a week help anyones tolerance levels come down?
No it only increase mine. Will report here as the week progresses

biometrics

Honorary Master
Purchased the very last thing I think I need for making my own vape, a moisture meter. :) Been told to freeze the flowers at 62% humidity.

So once I start drying I will check the humidity each day with this:

And once it gets near I will put it in this for a few days before freezing:

Ejeckt

Lol.

I planted six in mid September and two of them started flowering once they were mature, they weren't marked as autos (Trophy Seeds) but I guess they were. So the one will be ready-ish in a week or two, well ready enough to cut a bud or two off. Will let the rest mature a bit longer.

View attachment 771026
Looks great. How tall are those plants? Hard to tell from the pic. Banana for scale? :p

biometrics

Honorary Master
Looks great. How tall are those plants? Hard to tell from the pic. Banana for scale? :p
This one isn't tall, probably 1.5m incl pot. I believe autos tend to be smaller.

I started with six, one had to moved out of the greenhouse and another two will need to be moved this week. They are all over 2m incl pot. And it looks like they will add another half meter each! They haven't started flowering yet.

Kargo

This whole indoor hydro thing really bugs me. People, there is no difference. Nix, nill, null, zip, zero.

The only difference is one is most likely grown in soil and "hydro" is soil-less, usually grown in coco or directly in water, seriously makes zippo difference, so paying extra is just down right silly IMO. All hydro means is growing without soil, which is done mostly to avoid bugs and it is easier to control nutrient feeding. But does it make the bud better. No.

What is actually important is the grower, you can get some mad stuff grown indoor in soil and some crap weed that was grown in a NFT / flood and drain system.

I don't know anything about growing and the whole setup seems pretty daunting so I have to rely on other sources.....So i dont know anything about the specifics or technicalities but there is certainly a difference in quality with the outdoor/greenhouse people sell, and then the more expensive indoor/hydro etc. So if its got nothing to do with the grow, what makes the indoors etc so much better than the cheaper grades? Maybe the terminology is just incorrect and it has to do with how theyre generally looked after/grown? Sorry if this sounds really stupid

biometrics

Honorary Master

Fully agree.

The only difference between my greenhouse and outdoors is dust etc. that can stick to your sticky buds.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I don't know anything about growing and the whole setup seems pretty daunting so I have to rely on other sources.....So i dont know anything about the specifics or technicalities but there is certainly a difference in quality with the outdoor/greenhouse people sell, and then the more expensive indoor/hydro etc. So if its got nothing to do with the grow, what makes the indoors etc so much better than the cheaper grades? Maybe the terminology is just incorrect and it has to do with how theyre generally looked after/grown? Sorry if this sounds really stupid
The guys that you get indoor from take care when growing, feeding, curing etc their plants where as the outdoor grows dont really get nutrients, its harvested and packed and not really cured etc but if you take care of your outdoor weed when growing it should be the same, if not better, than indoor weed.

I have smoked some outdoor bud of 2 people on this forum and both are a million miles better than the outdoor you buy online, because they grew and cured the plants the same way the indoor growers do .

Taking that into account, is it worth paying R150+ a gram for indoor? If that's the case outdoor should sell for the same as indoor.

I also thought indoor was stronger due to the growing conditions but its not actually so.