The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Thanks so much for your reply.

May I ask where you normally buy? Is 420M the best place to buy the Indica?
They have the biggest selection from what I have seen. Look for the (I) next to their selection then head over to leafly and search it there and read what other people have experienced.

I am more of "hype me up and make me go insane" type but also have a nice glue which literally glue me to the couch with sleep followed shortly afterwards.

saor

Honorary Master
Days of buying random strains online might be over. Bought this from a shop in CPT. Sativa, indoor. R320/2g. When they only have 4 strains on the shelf and each one smells amazing, I kinda trust more that what they're advertising is what I'm getting vs. online stores with 15 strains advertised. Kinda get the impression they don't want a lot of publicity so not gonna bother naming them.

ON.jpg

lambch0p

Days of buying random strains online might be over. Bought this from a shop in CPT. Sativa, indoor. R320/2g. When they only have 4 strains on the shelf and each one smells amazing, I kinda trust more that what they're advertising is what I'm getting vs. online stores with 15 strains advertised. Kinda get the impression they don't want a lot of publicity so not gonna bother naming them.

View attachment 960660
Noice. Let us know how it goes down :thumbsup:

Last edited:

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master

View attachment 960660
Looks like good quality. What strain is it? Have you ever considered growing some indoor yourself?

mercurial

MyBB Legend

View attachment 960660
Is that saor diesel?

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
OK, so quick report back after you guys all answered my questions. Thanks again btw, I hoope the info below will be useful to others.
Clearly I'm an old twat because after buying from sketchy sources all through high school and after this new age of availability has me like a kid in a candy store! I would like to try them all!

I have tried two so far with decent results.

First was the well known Mustafa from this thread which was decent, clearly home-grown and amateur but decent to good I would say.

Second was these guys https://www.mrweedeliver.co.za/ bit more of an interesting process: you sign up to their newsletter and it turns out the newsletter is actually weed! Noice. I can post some pics of what I bought if anyone is interested. They were a bit more expensive than the first source with perhaps slightly better product but YMMV. People differ.

Now I want to lean on your kindness once more and ask if anyone has bought from Soul Bud? I have seen the flyer on whatsapp, etc. a few times:

798f3913-a2f4-48cc-8802-7e20b09382ae.jpg

Keen to give it a go and I have not seen any mention in this thread as yet...

Twiggss

i notice i can sit and watch something for 3 hours when high but if im sober i cant sit still for 5 minutes

Francois Marais

What is a good dry herb vaporiser that doesn't cost a fortune? I'm looking at the G Pen Elite Vaporizer, is that a good one?

Thanks in advance.

I tried 3 dry herb vaporizers, and have one left. My Dynavap. Only reason I will use another vaporizer is if I am in a high fire area where a battery unit works better

Anton123

Hey, are there any guys that have experience with Boveda packs?

I got the 8 gram 58% ones for some Mustafa's stash (which was a tad on the wet side to begin with). Put around 8 grams paired with one Boveda pack each in small airtight mason jars.

Opened and sampled some (from different jars) a couple of days later and the bud has gone BONE DRY! I'm talking rock hard, like in makes loud crunch sounds when you break the bud apart.

Other than the dryness, after grinding, the flower vapes fine and smells fine.. - also tried some 420M greenhouse and the same happened.... (the packs are still soft to the touch, which to me indicates they've absorbed a lot of moisture? Yes, I did take the packs out of the plastic packaging before using...)

Is that how it's supposed to be? Was hoping the flower would be nice and fluffy......

Are the 62% packs the way to go?

Cheers

KaMoS

Expert Member

I got the 8 gram 58% ones for some Mustafa's stash (which was a tad on the wet side to begin with). Put around 8 grams paired with one Boveda pack each in small airtight mason jars.

Opened and sampled some (from different jars) a couple of days later and the bud has gone BONE DRY! I'm talking rock hard, like in makes loud crunch sounds when you break the bud apart.

Other than the dryness, after grinding, the flower vapes fine and smells fine.. - also tried some 420M greenhouse and the same happened.... (the packs are still soft to the touch, which to me indicates they've absorbed a lot of moisture? Yes, I did take the packs out of the plastic packaging before using...)

Is that how it's supposed to be? Was hoping the flower would be nice and fluffy......

Cheers
58% is more for cigars. I use 62% but it doesn't keep the weed 'fluffy', it helps prevent mold and keeps it from drying out (keeps it spongy), so you have a consistent smoking experience. If you receive weed that hasn't been cured properly, the 58% can help with curing it quicker but it will be dryer than with the 62%. My advice is use 62%.

Another factor is the mason jar, not all mason jars are airtight. It could be that your jars weren't closed properly. Or that they were too large. I use the console mason jars and I change the lids with every batch of weed I put in them. I also ensure that the jar is at least 50% full with bud. That keeps my bud good for 4-6 weeks.

You'll know that the Boveda packs are 'done' when they become stiff or you start feeling 'crystals' in the pack.

EDIT: FYI JJ Cale has the 8g 62% packs for R20 each. I ordered 10 on Friday.

free3dom

Cheers

I also find the 58% packs dry out the flower a bit more than I like for storage, but it is an ideal dryness for vaping.

Personally, I've been using the 62% Boveda packs for about 2 years now and they work wonders. I have some stored at 58%, but I do find it a bit dry and I'm not sure how long they'll last like that.

I have some flower that's just over a year old and they're still at close to their original potency and flavour - there's definitely some slight deterioration, but it's negligible considering their age. I do not open these jars frequently and when I do I make sure to be quick about it.

My homegrown I also cure with Boveda after a solid drying - I dry them a bit more than I used to before using the 62% Boveda packs, as that allows the pack to bring the flower's moisture back up to 62% (instead of having to absorb moisture out of the bud).

The only caveat I've found, is that vaping flower that's stored at 62% doesn't quite reach it's full potential as it's a bit too "wet" (I've seen people champion 58% packs for this reason) - it works, just not as well. However, I find that, when using 62% packs, if I remove the flower I intend to vape from the container a few hours before I actually use it, it's near perfect (the amount of time varies a bit based on the climate/humidity).

And as @KaMoS stated, ensuring your container seals properly is key to long term storage.

For small scale storage and travel the CVault containers (with boveda packs) are awesome, if a little pricey.

ricardo12

anyone know of a decent website for twentyfour feminized seeds (doesn't have to be) looking for a high CBD low THC strain. Guess I should have bought on the weekend for black Friday ugh. Any recommendations?