The Craft Gin Thread

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Inverroche is amazeballs. A friend brought some back from holiday, and I loved it.
Yep. The first time my wife and I opened a bottle of the Amber one to have a little snifter most of the bottle went while we stood in the kitchen. No ice, no slice, no tonic, nada. It is just stunning.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Nope. Like most things "craft" - it costs a small fortune.
Surely down to higher costs of producing smaller batches and distribution etc.

But then if price was the only factor we'd all buy only Gordons or Gibleys and not Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
No its the actual process of running a distillery on a small scale using more old school and non mechanized methods.
So it doesn't increase the price significantly?

Regardless, it won't stop be from buying it if I feel like spending R300 for 500ml of gin. I like gin and tonic, so I'm very likely to try it sometime. but on the scale I drink it, it's not worth my while.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
So it doesn't increase the price significantly?

Regardless, it won't stop be from buying it if I feel like spending R300 for 500ml of gin. I like gin and tonic, so I'm very likely to try it sometime. but on the scale I drink it, it's not worth my while.
My issue with craft anything is there's so much variety I'm always trying something new instead of buying what I already know I like :p

MY wife is big into here g&t's at the moment, but we're sticking to the cheap stuff for most of it, and only the craft stuff when its worth it. Got about 8 bottles, 3 to opened.

Tonic seems a bit more difficult to come buy.