The Craft Gin Thread

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
This is the first time I hear about craft gin, sounds very interesting but I dont drink it at all.

I would like to buy someone a bottle as a Christmas gift, nothing too expensive but something nice. Is there perhaps some suggestions?

Randhir

Honorary Master
This is the first time I hear about craft gin, sounds very interesting but I dont drink it at all.

I would like to buy someone a bottle as a Christmas gift, nothing too expensive but something nice. Is there perhaps some suggestions?
Location? There's usually a few Craft Gins on the shelves at my local bottle stores. Look for something made in SA.

I know Inverroche is widely available.

berghie

Recently tried the Blaauwklippen No.3. Tastes amazing. Anyone know whether they add sugar to the gin?

saor

Honorary Master
^^^ Sneaking tequila into the thread eh.
How's the Ginifer?

Bought this for someone recently.
I liked it, they liked it, and the bonus of it turning pink when you add tonic water.

https://sixdogs.co.za/
Six-Dogs-Blue-Gin.jpg

mbayshark

Expert Member
Hope the other stores join in with some specials for Gin Day.
Did a tasting at Inverroche over the weekend. Their gins are still top of the pile for me. A flavour for every occasion.
They also offer a Gin distilling course where you get to make your own bottle of gin. Definitely on my list of things to do when I go to Stilbaai again.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Hope the other stores join in with some specials for Gin Day.
Did a tasting at Inverroche over the weekend. Their gins are still top of the pile for me. A flavour for every occasion.
They also offer a Gin distilling course where you get to make your own bottle of gin. Definitely on my list of things to do when I go to Stilbaai again.
I totally agree. Inverroche is the good stuff. I've also been to the distillery during December, and really enjoyed it.

I bought a bottle of Cruxland as well, but it's not much different than Gordon's. :rolleyes:

Malkie

Very strange, everyone seems to be talking and reading about Six Dogs locally made craft gin these days but not a mention of it on this thread!
Any comments?