The iOS 12 Thread/Discussion

Dave

Honorary Master
iOS 12.1.1 beta improves on FaceTime (at least reverts to an improved method of control).

It looks like the recently introduced iOS 12.1.1 beta contains more than bug fixes. It also includes an easier to use FaceTime interface that was first discovered by iGeneration.

In the iOS 12.1.1 beta, released earlier today, Oct. 31, you’ll see a FaceTime Live Photo capture feature that Apple removed in iOS 12.0. With FaceTime Live Photo capture, you can take photos during a FaceTime video call. For this to occur, everyone on the call must have this feature turned on. The toggle is located in the Settings app on iPhone and iPad under FaceTime.

The new beta also includes an improved interface that brings essential functions like call muting and camera flipping to the forefront, rather than burying them in a submenu as in iOS 12.0. There are additional options when you slide up on the bottom bar. From this expanded menu, you’ll see buttons to turn the camera and speaker on and off.
https://www.idownloadblog.com/2018/10/31/facetime-ios-12-1-1-beta/

1541075311753.jpeg

kagishokgaile

Am I the only one experiencing problems when trying to download songs and albums from Apple Music? I'm on the music subscription, but ever since I updated the OS, I cannot download anymore to listen offline. I use an iPhone 6.

My iPhone 6 Plus is currently on iOS 12.1. Since updating to iOS 12 I receive the following message:

"Could not activate mobile data network"

every single time I disconnect from a Wi-Fi network.

I have to manually enable and disable flight mode to make it work. This has never happened before. My colleagues at work have the same problem across various iPhone models since updating to iOS 12. The one thing we all have in common is that Vodacom is our carrier.

Does anybody have a solution for this annoying problem?

creeper

Expert Member
My iPhone 6 Plus is currently on iOS 12.1. Since updating to iOS 12 I receive the following message:

"Could not activate mobile data network"

every single time I disconnect from a Wi-Fi network.

I have to manually enable and disable flight mode to make it work. This has never happened before. My colleagues at work have the same problem across various iPhone models since updating to iOS 12. The one thing we all have in common is that Vodacom is our carrier.

Does anybody have a solution for this annoying problem?
Check your roaming settings. I’ve seen it happen with Telkom roaming on mtn

Check your roaming settings. I’ve seen it happen with Telkom roaming on mtn
Thanks creeper. My default setting is roaming off but I have also enabled it now but unfortunately it makes no difference when I disconnect from the Wi-Fi network. Is there another setting I'm missing?

Thank you bluepoole. Changing my 4G settings to Data Only solved the problem. Strangely neither any of my colleagues nor I experienced this issue with iOS 11. Not sure if it's a Vodacom or iOS issue, but at least it's working.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Updated my iPad Air 2 to 12.1 tonight, and so far so good, however this thing is definitely aging, I tried to match the screen brightness of my phone on the iPad and the iPad just keeps getting hot to use, didn’t notice it much before but that’s because I mainly have it in its case standing while I watch Netflix in bed, noticed the heating today while using it trying out the new update (even before the update it was heating up a bit).

Think it may be time to get a newer iPad again, not sure about these newer super thin iPads though, but I keep mine in a rugged case and also put it in a tablet pouch which I could still use with the newer iPad...

So far though, pretty happy with iOS 12.1, the whole iOS 12 update did wonders to this thing in terms of UI speed and fluidity, I must say.

dabean

Expert Member
Am I the only one experiencing problems when trying to download songs and albums from Apple Music? I'm on the music subscription, but ever since I updated the OS, I cannot download anymore to listen offline. I use an iPhone 6.
I recently noticed I had the same problem. The only thing that worked was doing a full encrypted backup and restoring it again from itunes.