The iOS 13 Thread/Discussion

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
I cannot wait to get dark mode on my XS Max, it’s begging for it, the Twitter app has had dark mode forever and looks amazing on it!

Looney

Expert Member
Installed on my backup iPhone 7. One thing I can say, iOS 13 beta 1 is incredibly fast. I have had one or 2 crashes so far but nothing serious. For a first beta I am really impressed. Can imagine what the final will be like.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Bummer!

iOS 13 cuts out 3D touch in favor of new long press gestures

First introduced with the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, 3D touch brought pressure sensitive functionality to Apple's screens. Every single iPhone since then (minus the iPhone XR and iPhone SE) has included the functionality but with iOS 13 Apple will likely pull the plug on the feature.

The loss won't be that noticeable as Apple will simply transition to Haptic Touch gestures which were introduced on the iPhone XR and offer identical functionality without the need for a pressure-sensitive screen.

Skimming through Apple’s iOS 13 features preview, under the System Experience section we see that 3D touch functionality is now broken down into Peek for previewing content with a long press and Quick Actions for app-specific functions via pressing and holding on the app icon.

https://m.gsmarena.com/ios_13_cuts_out_3d_touch_in_favor_of_new_long_press_gestures-news-37428.php

whatwhat

Executive Member
Didn’t invent anything.

Finally allowed it.

In a perfectly sandboxes and safe environment as it should be.
I can't remember when last I used a USB stick. If people want something I either email or send them a Google drive link. Having a 1GB fibre means the internet is my USB drive.

Apple is waaaaaay late to the party on this.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I can't remember when last I used a USB stick. If people want something I either email or send them a Google drive link. Having a 1GB fibre means the internet is my USB drive.

Apple is waaaaaay late to the party on this.
I fully agree and that is the ideology Apple was always pushing and in many ways they did more for cloud than most others due to that push.

But I can understand the need for Pros who are out in the wild dumping their camera onto their iPad which is the main reason for this happening.

whatwhat

Executive Member
I fully agree and that is the ideology Apple was always pushing and in many ways they did more for cloud than most others due to that push.

But I can understand the need for Pros who are out in the wild dumping their camera onto their iPad which is the main reason for this happening.
Some cameras already support usbc and others with with usb2/3 can just use the Apple converter cable to connect the camera direct for imports.

The only people that benefit from this is those that go to conferences where the wifi is so **** they need to hand out materials on a pass-around USB stick.

Otherwise this is as useful as an ice cream toaster.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Some cameras already support usbc and others with with usb2/3 can just use the Apple converter cable to connect the camera direct for imports.

The only people that benefit from this is those that go to conferences where the wifi is so **** they need to hand out materials on a pass-around USB stick.

Otherwise this is as useful as an ice cream toaster.
Yes but remember that was only to Camera Roll previously.

Now it goes directly into Files.

But I agree, I’ll personally never use it.

Cassady

Expert Member
Accessibility support remember.
It's an accessibility support feature, sure – but it's still there.

Once switched on, by anyone, the user can connect the BT mouse/trackpad (or USB mouse via dongle to USB-C) and use the 'cursor' to click away, interacting with the UI/OS. Text selection, Excel etc. etc., all appears to work as one would expect, from the YouTube vids I have watched...

iWish

Updated to iOS 13 public beta. Stable for me so far. Only issue is that Apple CarPlay is not showing on the Ford sync display. Ford needs to update first, I think.
The new swipe keyboard works great and the darkmode is nice. Not all apps are compatible with darkmode yet (WhatsApp etc.)

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Updated to iOS 13 public beta. Stable for me so far. Only issue is that Apple CarPlay is not showing on the Ford sync display. Ford needs to update first, I think.
The new swipe keyboard works great and the darkmode is nice. Not all apps are compatible with darkmode yet (WhatsApp etc.)
Weird there shouldn’t be any change car side.

phly

Expert Member
For those on dev beta or even public beta - Do you have access to camera roll or even files in terms of saving media. Suppose one comes across an image on twitter - the share sheet has no save option on my end. Thats the only issue I am having otherwise automatic dark mode - turns dark at night and back to daylight mode in daylight is awesome - swipe keyboard - 3d touch aka long press touch of things like wifi to enable secondary menus is also quite cool. Seems snappier as well. Quite stable besides very minor graphic glitches in messages etc.

But yea any resolve for the share sheet save to camera option - or is that fixed perhaps in public beta for those that are currently trying it out?