The iOS 13 Thread/Discussion

iCuSD

The battery drain is pretty hardcore but other than that, I am enjoying it oh yes the only other real issue is from my phone before it would ask if I would like to forward the attachment with my email.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The battery drain is pretty hardcore but other than that, I am enjoying it oh yes the only other real issue is from my phone before it would ask if I would like to forward the attachment with my email.
What device?

I’ve hardly noticed a battery difference on my XR.

Certainly a bit lesser optimised but not like I can’t get through a day kind of drain.

At 47% now since 7 this morning and been pretty heavy use while out and about today.

iCuSD

What device?

I’ve hardly noticed a battery difference on my XR.

Certainly a bit lesser optimised but not like I can’t get through a day kind of drain.

At 47% now since 7 this morning and been pretty heavy use while out and about today.
XS some days I can make it through the day others not and at night when I go to sleep it might be on 50% and I wake up to a dead phone!

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
XS some days I can make it through the day others not and at night when I go to sleep it might be on 50% and I wake up to a dead phone!
Could be the battery optimising feature is still learning your charging habits.

Maybe try turning that off if your charging is quite erratic.

Mine goes on the charger every night. See no point leaving it uncharged even at 50%.

And now the battery optimiser will do the work of looking after the battery.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Bad Battery life is to be expected on a Beta on certain circumstances. Apple are probably running a whole lot of automated tests in the background and sending info back to their team to see how the phones and tablets run with the OS under certain conditions, wouldn’t be surprised if they loosened up on SoC throttling etc....

If I put my iPad’s screen brightness about about 70% the thing absolutely destroys its battery, I literally watch it dropping every few minutes sometimes twice within a minute, I can lose about 15% in 30 minutes and then I put the brightness at like 60% and suddenly the battery life is phenomenal which is insane, there are some conditions they have set, it seems.

In iOS 12 I could have my iPads screen at about 70% and it would drain very slowly and evenly while web browsing or streaming.

I will not be loading these Betas on my XS Max at all not risking it!

I am loving the iOS 13 Wallpapers though, so using this one on my phone:

gifs

Expert Member
Anyone having issues logging into the Discovery app on iOS 13?

When you log into the app, it opens up id.disocvery.co.za in Safari, you then need to input your credentials, thereafter you are taken back into the app but it displays the following error:
Login failed with errod code -5, org.openid.appauth.general.