The Johan Booysen / Cato Manor Cops Thread

TysonRoux

Honorary Master
Joined
Aug 7, 2012
Messages
11,456
Make Jiba and her minders pay.

FORMER KZN HAWKS BOSS BOOYSEN TO SUE STATE FOR WRONGFUL ARREST

Former Hawks head in KwaZulu-Natal Johan Booysen on Monday said he would be meeting with his lawyers to sue the State for wrongful arrest.

Last week, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) officially withdrew charges of racketeering and murder against Booysen and several other officers.

They had been facing charges in connection with the so-called Cato Manor Death Squad.

Booysen and 17 other officers formed part of the Cato Manor Special Crimes Unit; they were indicted in 2012 on 116 charges authorised by the then-deputy head of the NPA Nomgcobo Jiba.

These charges were later placed under review and officially set aside by NPA head Shamila Batohi.

Booysen said the seven-year ordeal took a toll on his personal life and that of his colleagues.

He said while he was grateful the charges against him have been withdrawn, he was seeking justice for the trauma he has endured over the years.

“I’m meeting my lawyers this week and that will pave the way in taking the matter further.”
 

surface

Honorary Master
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
26,594
Make Jiba and her minders pay.

Former Hawks head in KwaZulu-Natal Johan Booysen on Monday said he would be meeting with his lawyers to sue the State for wrongful arrest.

Heard on 702 that he plans to sue Jiba and others on personal basis as well. Apart from suing the state. This is great news - more heat on zuptoids, the better.
 
Last edited:

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
26,398
I hope they all get what they deserve for fvking up peoples lives and not only Booysen's but the people of SA.
 

schumi

Honorary Master
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
25,085
Ministers 'dragging feet' in Booysen's R7.6m 'death squad' damages claim

Retired KwaZulu-Natal Hawks boss Johan Booysen headed to court this week to force the ministers of police and justice to file documents they will rely on in opposing his R7.6m damages claim.

This is in connection with his arrest and prosecution relating to the discredited Cato Manor death squad allegations.

The ministers have been ordered to file the documents within five days. If they don’t, Booysen can apply to dismiss their defence and for judgment to be granted in his favour.

He filed the summons at the end of 2020 and says he was wrongfully and unlawfully arrested on an invalid warrant of arrest in February 2016.

Booysen was then unlawfully detained at Durban Central police station before he appeared in the Durban high court the next day. He was indicted on six charges, including racketeering, murder, unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition, and defeating the ends of justice.

He and his 26 co-accused, mostly members of the Cato Manor organised crime unit, appeared in court several times over three years until, in July 2019, the charges were withdrawn at the behest of then recently appointed National Director of Public Prosecutions (NDPP) Shamila Batohi. . [/,quote]



More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...t-in-booysens-r76m-death-squad-damages-claim/
 

rvZA

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 3, 2021
Messages
16,572
Good he should make the State poorer. They will eventually have to pay him out. I will be happy knowing that a small part of my VAT contribution here in SA will go to his pocket. He was a great police officer that protected the public. He deserves the money after being wrongly accused, arrested and prosecuted by the State.
 
Top