The Manchester United Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, your club buying the most expensive players wins trophys;)
Ronaldo-12 mil
Carrick-18 mil
Rooney-28 mil
Tevez- will cost at least 20 mil
Nani-17 mill
Hargreaves-18 mill
Anderson-18 mill
Ferdinand-30 mill

a team who wants to win stuff buys big and buys clever

look at rafa he has a 15m pound crouch sitting on the bench
do you know how torres would love to be feeding off crouches knocked down balls

look at chelsea 30m for shevo sits on the bench

not many expensive united players warm the bench
 
a team who wants to win stuff buys big and buys clever

look at rafa he has a 15m pound crouch sitting on the bench
do you know how torres would love to be feeding off crouches knocked down balls

look at chelsea 30m for shevo sits on the bench

not many expensive united players warm the bench

Ya, the reason for Liverpool not doing well is Rafa. He is an idiot. There is no consistency in the team.
 
no for sure merc, i have glimpes of the old scholes in the last few games anyhow

send him out in glory i say
 
Yip. I think he deserves it. I mean it's not every season when a team gets to play in the finals of the UEFA CL and for a while now I've been doubting that we will ever reach that stage again, but we have it now.
 
i'd say 16mil is a good price for Bosingwa. not too high when you look at what price tags Ramos,Eto'o and co. carry.

I was just reading some news clips stating that Bosingwa wasn't worth that cash...guess I'm being bitter at Chelsea stealing another of our prospects. :(

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3558621,00.html
Fergie faces Euro headache

What would be your starting 11 ?

VDS
Neville Rio Vidic Evra
CR Hargreaves Anderson Giggs
Tevez Rooney

I would leave Neville out due to match fitness only. And Carrick in for Anderson until the game settles for the 2nd half bring on Anderson/Nani for Giggs/Hargreaves or Carrick.

I'm glad I'm not choosing the team though - I'll agree with SAF that it must be tough to have all his players fit and having to leave some out completely. The whole team can be proud, so I'm sure no one will mind being left on the bench.
 
I would leave Neville out due to match fitness only. And Carrick in for Anderson until the game settles for the 2nd half bring on Anderson/Nani for Giggs/Hargreaves or Carrick.

I'm glad I'm not choosing the team though - I'll agree with SAF that it must be tough to have all his players fit and having to leave some out completely. The whole team can be proud, so I'm sure no one will mind being left on the bench.


True about Neville, but i still think he can do more than Wes Brown.

Anderson had alot of rest and i think he can do much more than Scholes can for at least 45 minutes. Maybe bring Scholes on 2nd half.

I know we have alot of depth in the squad so im happy with whatever selection Fergie makes, but i do worry about Rooney wasting alot of chances and Wes Brown giving away possession very close the 18 area.
 
Rumours:
Manchester United have earmarked Sevilla's Brazilian striker Luis Fabiano as their top summer target (Times) and his team-mate Daniel Alves could be following him (Sun).

Cardiff teenager Aaron Ramsey could be on his way to Manchester United as a long-term replacement for Paul Scholes. (Mirror)

Manchester United are to request champions' medals for Gerard Pique and Tomasz Kuszczak, who each made nine appearances this season rather than the medal-earning mark of 10. (Daily Mail)
 
Rumours:
Manchester United have earmarked Sevilla's Brazilian striker Luis Fabiano as their top summer target (Times) and his team-mate Daniel Alves could be following him (Sun).

Cardiff teenager Aaron Ramsey could be on his way to Manchester United as a long-term replacement for Paul Scholes. (Mirror)

Manchester United are to request champions' medals for Gerard Pique and Tomasz Kuszczak, who each made nine appearances this season rather than the medal-earning mark of 10. (Daily Mail)

All kinds of rumours there!

And that was swak about Pique and Kuszczak...
 
Ronaldo rejects Real talk

Cristiano Ronaldo has played down fresh rumours linking him with a possible move to Real Madrid saying he is at the right club in Manchester United.

The Portuguese wizard has been continually linked with a move to Real with recent reports suggesting Ronaldo was open to a move to the El Santiago Bernabeu.

Real sources are believed to have been encouraged in their pursuit of the player after reportedly receiving feeback from Ronaldo's representatives that he would consider a move away from United.

However, Ronaldo has moved quickly to rubbish those suggestions saying he has no plans to leave Old Trafford.

"I'm at the right club, playing with the right players and I learn things all the time," Ronaldo told MUTV.

Improve
"That's what great about being at United. I improve all the time and I want to improve every season. I think I'm a better player now than five years ago.

"This season has been a great one for me - I've scored a lot of goals, the team have played very well and we're champions. It's amazing."

Ronaldo, who was inspirational in United's road to the Premier League title, spoke of his delight at winning the league.

Amazing
"It's a great feeling to win the league - I don't have the words to describe how it feels to be champions, it's amazing," added Ronaldo.

"I didn't think it would go to the final day of the season, but to be honest the feeling is better [to win on the last day].

"When the ref blew the final whistle it was brilliant. We've worked hard for nine months and I feel very proud to be champions."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3559497,00.html
 
I think Ronaldo can stay with MU for a very long time if they keep on winning and going far in CL.
 
The new Ryan Giggs

Man United set to sign Aaron Ramsey for £5million

Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to beat Chelsea and Arsenal - by signing Welsh wizard Aaron Ramsey for £5million.

The Manchester United boss opened talks to land the 17-year-old from FA Cup finalists Cardiff City just 24 hours after clinching the Premier League title.

Ramsey's advisers are keen and the transfer is expected to be officially announced after Cardiff's Wembley date on Saturday. Midfield starlet Ramsey is viewed as the long-term replacement for Paul Scholes.

It will be a blow for Arsene Wenger, who wants the superkid to join his youthful ranks at Arsenal. And Chelsea have also been looking at Ramsey as a squad man and one for the future.
 
Man United set to sign Aaron Ramsey for £5million

Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to beat Chelsea and Arsenal - by signing Welsh wizard Aaron Ramsey for £5million.

The Manchester United boss opened talks to land the 17-year-old from FA Cup finalists Cardiff City just 24 hours after clinching the Premier League title.

Ramsey's advisers are keen and the transfer is expected to be officially announced after Cardiff's Wembley date on Saturday. Midfield starlet Ramsey is viewed as the long-term replacement for Paul Scholes.

It will be a blow for Arsene Wenger, who wants the superkid to join his youthful ranks at Arsenal. And Chelsea have also been looking at Ramsey as a squad man and one for the future.
Sounds good :)

I have never heard of him though....:p
 
Ronaldo clinches awards treble
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=4017089

 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X