The Middle East Conflict Thread

Hey, drop enough bombs indiscriminately you're bound to hit a target sooner or later...

Yup, the more Hamas suicide bombs in Israel the more likely they'll hit a target sooner or later. Innocent civilians should be bombed and killed in the name of wiping the State of Israel off the map.
 
Actually SOME people voted for Mugabe and some others for Tsang....... (whatever)

As far as I know some people voted for Hamas and some others for Fatar. I think that Fatar won their last election and are supposed to control the government there but then Hamas came and took all or part of Gaza because they had more guns.

I am not a supporter of either side but my morality says one cant punish civilians for the deeds of the militants. Of course Hamas's missiles are very inaccurate and are falling on Israeli civilians but one must ask the question, is Israel's response proportionate to the threat?
 
This guy stored ammunition in the same house his kids lived..
 
Actually SOME people voted for Mugabe and some others for Tsang....... (whatever)

As far as I know some people voted for Hamas and some others for Fatar. I think that Fatar won their last election and are supposed to control the government there but then Hamas came and took all or part of Gaza because they had more guns.

I am not a supporter of either side but my morality says one cant punish civilians for the deeds of the militants. Of course Hamas's missiles are very inaccurate and are falling on Israeli civilians but one must ask the question, is Israel's response proportionate to the threat?

Er... no. Hamas legitimately won the Palestinian parliamentary elections, taking 76 of the 132 seats in the chamber, in 2006. The President is from Fatah, however.

I've heard no complaints from Fatah with regards to voter intimidation or "more guns". As such, the people have spoken, maybe they'll speak differently at the next election.
 
They did not want peace, Fatah offered them peace but they rejected that and voted for Hamas(a terrorist group). I'm sorry but they made-up their own bed.

In fact:

However, when a Hamas-controlled government was formed, Israel, the United States, Canada, and the European Union froze all funds to the Palestinian Authority, after Hamas refused to recognize Israel's right to exist, renounce violence, and agree to past agreements.

So yes, Hamas broke all peace agreements.
 
Why did they vote for Hamas?

Maybe because of things like this:

Hamas is particularly popular among Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, though it also has a following in the West Bank, and to a lesser extent in other Middle Eastern countries. Since its formation in 1987, Hamas has conducted numerous social, political, and military actions. Its popularity stems in part from its welfare and social services to Palestinians in the occupied territories, including school and hospital construction. The group devotes much of its estimated $70 million annual budget to an extensive social services network, running many relief and education programs, and funds schools, orphanages, mosques, healthcare clinics, soup kitchens, and sports leagues. According to the Israeli scholar Reuven Paz "approximately 90 percent of the organization's work is in social, welfare, cultural, and educational activities".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas
 
You are all so blinded by your hatred of the USA you ignore the facts, once again:

Support Georgia and get blamed by the Russians. Support Russia and get blamed by the Chechnyans. Support Chechnya and have the Kremlim come down on you. Support Iran instead of Iraq and get blamed for supporting extremists. Support the USSR and get lambasted for assisting communist rule in Afghanistan. Support Saddam Hussein and get reprimanded for aiding a fascist regime. Invade Iraq and receive world wide disapproval for entering a sovereign state (even though it is a fascist dictatorship). Leave Angola and annoy the South Africans. Fight in Angola and you're supporting an Apartheid white only government.

Whatever the USA does you will blame them for being wrong because you love to hate them no matter what.

Personally I'm quite happy to let the police the world. I sleep just a little bit better at night as a result.

I quite like the USA - most of it, in fact. But one must understand why they do things.
 
I quite like the USA - most of it, in fact. But one must understand why they do things.

And why does Hamas kill innocent children with rockets and suicide bombs? Why won't they recognise a state that is legitimised by 192 other states? Why does Jordan ban Hamas from their country?

One must understand why they do things.
 
Kinda like Zanu-PF handing out food parcels for votes, eh?

For even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Don't be fooled, Hamas militia are targeting innocent civilians with suicide bombs and rockets.

I don't really think the Zanu-PF bit applies.

For even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Don't be fooled, Israel are targeting innocent civilians with missiles and bombs and numerous other weapons.

< Not that I believe in Satan, mind, LOL >
 
I don't really think the Zanu-PF bit applies.

Of course it does, much like Zanu-PF Hamas are buying their votes.

For even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Don't be fooled, Israel are targeting innocent civilians with missiles and bombs and numerous other weapons.

That is a bold faced lie! Yes, civilians are being harmed but it is Hamas Militia buildings and leaders that are being targeted; not for one moment is Israel deliberately attacking the innocent population.

< Not that I believe in Satan, mind, LOL >

You should be afraid, after all he believes in you.
 
And why does Hamas kill innocent children with rockets and suicide bombs? Why won't they recognise a state that is legitimised by 192 other states? Why does Jordan ban Hamas from their country?

One must understand why they do things.

I was just answering a question posed. I don't particularly like them - though they do seem to do a lot of good for their people too - but I am sure you can understand why they take military action from all the many many posts in these threads. In a nutshell, their people are isolated, brutalized and oppressed, while others illegally occupy their land. You'd probably do the same. Do I hear Generaal de la Rey's old ghost knocking?
 
That is a bold faced lie! Yes, civilians are being harmed but it is Hamas Militia buildings and leaders that are being targeted; not for one moment is Israel deliberately attacking the innocent population.



You should be afraid, after all he believes in you.

Don't be so naive!

/me pisses on Satan! :p
 
I wouldn't vote for a political party that then sets up camp in and amongst my family and relatives while antagonizing the enemy inducing blood shed and loss of life for me and my friends... I'm not sure how Palestinians endorse and encourage such behaviour regardless of the good Hamas does on their behalf.
 
I was just answering a question posed. I don't particularly like them - though they do seem to do a lot of good for their people too - but I am sure you can understand why they take military action from all the many many posts in these threads. In a nutshell, their people are isolated, brutalized and oppressed, while others illegally occupy their land. You'd probably do the same. Do I hear Generaal de la Rey's old ghost knocking?

The same could be said of the USA.

Yet again, their land is not illegally occupied. Israel was given a portion of Palestine by a legal mandate, as were the Palestinians. Had they not attacked Israel first, an illegal move by all accounts, in several wars they might still have that piece of land. It is their own fault, how do you not understand this?
 
Shame Timgaul, your inability to grasp the subject under discussion is saddening.

According to your argument, there is no right and wrong, no objective way of judging the actions of men and nations.

That is simply not true. Over the centuries mankind has developed at least a rudimentary set of generally accepted principles in terms of which we can judge the behaviour of men. Hence the creation of the International Court of Justice and later the International Criminal Court in The Hague.

Genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and the crime of aggression are but a few things that civilised people now accept to be wrong.

Do you think it's purely by chance that Israel is in breach of more United Nations resolutions than any other country in the world?
 
The same could be said of the USA.

Yet again, their land is not illegally occupied. Israel was given a portion of Palestine by a legal mandate, as were the Palestinians. Had they not attacked Israel first, an illegal move by all accounts, in several wars they might still have that piece of land. It is their own fault, how do you not understand this?

1. The USA is hardly brutalized, oppressed, blockaded and all that.

2. Oh, I understand the point of view - I just regard it as false.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X