The Middle East Conflict Thread

as usual you only listen to what you have to say... did you NOT read the links that were given?

Israel said they would live in peace with everyone...

Quick question: Does Israel not want to live with anyone but their kind?
What they say and what they do is two different things. There are settlements all over West Bank, with Palestinians getting their homes bulldozed so that Israelis can build settlements in their place. Does that sound like wanting peace?

Gaza, on the other hand, is little more than an open-air prison, and it has been subjected to an inhumane blockade since even before Hamas was elected.

They say they want peace, but what they actually do is entirely different.
 
Sheesh... "No argument" means there was nothing there in the first place. You are all wordy and flashy, but you rarely say anything of consequence, and 99% of the time you completely fail to prove your point despite your verbose posts.

I think you must be hoping that people will just see all the words you typed and say "Oh, wow... this guy must be genius - look he just made a 1000 word post"!

sorry, it doesn't work that way. Try actually answering the post instead of just throwing a string of words out.

Really Xarog, you must learn to match your language register with your audience! My advice, if you will forgive me, is to keep it simple. ;)

That said, I have been following the thread with great interest and appreciate well-reasoned arguments, even if they are long ... or eloquent!
 
Since it was Europe that decided on just about all the borders in that area.. including Iraq, Jordan, Iran, Israel and the territory known as Palestine. I think the Israelis should return to the original UN mandated borders. In return I would like the nations around Israel to stop trying to wipe it off the face of the earth and accept that they will have Jewish neighbours.

+ 1000

Those border mandates were fine. Israel was happy. Maybe half a century has been enough time for the Arab world to reflect on what could've been.

I'm not expert on The Bible but it mentions the Arabs and Jews eventually putting aside differences so there's hope I guess.
 
More on the breaking story -

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...mas_Agrees_To_Outlines_Of_Truce_Deal_In_Egypt

The United Nations says the headquarters of its aid agency is on fire after being hit by Israeli artillery.

Spokesman Chris Gunness told Sky News the building was hit by what is believed to have been three white phosphorous shells.

The weapons burn at extremely high temperatures, starting fires that cannot be put out with fire extinguishers.

Mr Gunness says the building has been used as a shelter for hundreds of people fleeing Israel's 20-day offensive in Gaza.

Have also heard rumours of a hospital hit - nothing confirmed yet.
 
+ 1000

Those border mandates were fine. Israel was happy. Maybe half a century has been enough time for the Arab world to reflect on what could've been.

I'm not expert on The Bible but it mentions the Arabs and Jews eventually putting aside differences so there's hope I guess.
Arabs and Jews (and Christians) had been living quite happily together in the region until the 1880s.
 
Sheesh... "No argument" means there was nothing there in the first place. You are all wordy and flashy, but you rarely say anything of consequence, and 99% of the time you completely fail to prove your point despite your verbose posts.

I think you must be hoping that people will just see all the words you typed and say "Oh, wow... this guy must be genius - look he just made a 1000 word post"!

sorry, it doesn't work that way. Try actually answering the post instead of just throwing a string of words out.

I tend to agree with you here... most times i don't even remember what he said in his post by the time i have to read it...
 
Strange... I thought the Crusades put a small dent in relationships.

Yah was just thinking, some of the castles here in Oxfordshire have displays of crusade weapons and armour and the Christians certainly had a "baptism by fire" in mind. My history is a lil sketchy but that was the era of Ghengis Khan was it not?
 
Last edited:
Since it was Europe that decided on just about all the borders in that area.. including Iraq, Jordan, Iran, Israel and the territory known as Palestine. I think the Israelis should return to the original UN mandated borders. In return I would like the nations around Israel to stop trying to wipe it off the face of the earth and accept that they will have Jewish neighbours.

I can see the Israelies maybe just buying that, on the condition that the first idiot to break the agreement gets nuked.
 
Strange... I thought the Crusades put a small dent in relationships.
Palestine's population in the early 19th century was 350,000, and in 1914 Palestine had a population of 657,000 Muslim Arabs, 81,000 Christian Arabs, and 59,000 Jews (including many European Jews from the first and second Aliyah).
I can find no source of there being conflict between the groups at any time before the 1880s which is when the Zionists first started to settle the land.

I can't find any information of the effects of the Crusades, but I do seem to remember that many of the Palestinian Muslims converted to Islam shortly after the Crusades because they were so disgusted with what was being done in the name of the Christian religion. Either way the Crusades would have been more likely to inflame Christian/Muslim emnity rather than emnity against the Jews living in the region.
 
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1231950855726&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, in Israel Thursday for talks with leaders regarding a possible cease-fire between Israel and Hamas, expressed "strong protest and outrage" at the reported Israeli shelling of the UN compound in Gaza.

Ban demanded an investigation into Thursday's shelling, and said Defense Minister Ehud Barak told him that it was a "grave mistake

An IDF tank shell also struck one of the wings at Shifa hospital in Gaza Thursday midday, according to Palestinian reports. Part of the structure is ablaze according to witnesses.
 
My points are coherently made. I make a claim (fairly straightforward), then I provide evidence to back the claim up where neccessary.

And I'm still waiting for you to denounce the IDF using civilians as human shields and the fact that the IDF has deliberately targetted civilians, like you promised you would.

um, where did I promise that? :confused:
 
Since it was Europe that decided on just about all the borders in that area.. including Iraq, Jordan, Iran, Israel and the territory known as Palestine. I think the Israelis should return to the original UN mandated borders. In return I would like the nations around Israel to stop trying to wipe it off the face of the earth and accept that they will have Jewish neighbours.

Wowo thats actually quite a decent post.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X