The official running thread™

What do you guys run in when it's cold?

Used tights this am and spent most of the run pulling the effing things up from my crotch. Literally every few steps o_O
Same thing I wear on every run - running t-shirt and shorts. Sun, rain, cold, wind, all the same.
 
Yesterday I was able to fit a run into the only daylight hour without rain. Shorts, long sleeve shirt and fleece top. I removed the fleece top and tied it around my waist after about 4km.
It was good to fit a run into the rain. Next run is tomorrow... or rather, tomorrow is hill repeats (hopefully not in the rain)

I'm not a skinny runt anymore - about 14kg and many decades away from that. During deep winter I tend not to run, but if I do, I stay with the long sleeve moisture wicking t-shirt and fleece top. All I add is a decent pair of long running tights and a buff around my neck, and pull it up over the lower part of my face and ears (at the start).

Generally the fleece top gets removed a few km into the run. Head and hands are not gloved as I need the heat to escape somewhere...
 
What do you guys run in when it's cold?

Used tights this am and spent most of the run pulling the effing things up from my crotch. Literally every few steps o_O
I wear my normal running shorts, my normal running shirt, a running top from Decathlon or a long sleeve shirt, a beanie and my normal white running gloves. If its reaaaaly cold ill put on my long pair of compression socks.
 
Something like this is good to run in. Last thing you want is to bogged down by extra baggage.

Just a little extra protection against the elements until the body warms up or if it's raining protection against the wet.

And then standard T, shorts (with short tights) and compression socks and you're good to go.

I just can't do those robin hood long tights I see everyone wearing.

 
Seriously though. The cold is tough on us skinny guys :(

If I had to run in shorts and tee my legs would seize up

I'm naturally hot/warmer, so I don't care about the cold when I run. After a few kilometers I don't even feel it anymore. Admittedly this year I haven't run much, as of this week that will hopefully change.
 
I dunno how you guys run in shorts in the cold especially when it's the middle of winter and 6 degrees outside.
 
When it's cold I usually go running in track pants like these from Mr. Price Sport... I'll usually have short sleeved shirts as my upper body gets very hot very quickly... unless it's super cold, then I'd wear "active" hoodie \ jacket \ sweatshirt.

Tricot Trackpants.jpg
 
When it's cold I usually go running in track pants like these from Mr. Price Sport... I'll usually have short sleeved shirts as my upper body gets very hot very quickly... unless it's super cold, then I'd wear "active" hoodie \ jacket \ sweatshirt.

View attachment 1289066
Hows the quality? I'm getting holes left right and center in my maxed pocket shorts.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X