The official running thread™

I look for the shorts with a little zip up pocket usually situated near the waist band. This helps as my key isn't bashing against my leg when running which is freaking annoying. First Ascent and Cape Storm have shorts like this (last time I bought).
 
One thing I like about Decathlon is that they have unique gear which you don't find anywhere else like this item. Going to check for my size.

 
I look for the shorts with a little zip up pocket usually situated near the waist band. This helps as my key isn't bashing against my leg when running which is freaking annoying. First Ascent and Cape Storm have shorts like this (last time I bought).

Had a guy running park run like that once. The jangling of his keys was focken irritating tbh
 
One thing I like about Decathlon is that they have unique gear which you don't find anywhere else like this item. Going to check for my size.


Must pop in there next time we are up country
 
Mrs Netherby bought this walking pad so she can walk while on zoom meetings. I understand you can run on it up to 12km/h. It might be the answer to cold and dark before work runs in winter.
1649836990082.png
 
It's a single key so generally slip it into a pocket. Waist belt if pocket-less

Can't imagine a whole bunch of keys jangling against my leg every step

Haha. Circumstances one day dictated that I went for a run but had to leave out of the front door (as opposed to the garage). This meant carrying a front door and front gate key. The rattling of just two keys got so annoying at one stage that I stopped to separate them and put them in separate pockets.

The only thing to watch out for with the above-mentioned pants is that after a while, the pockets develop a hole because the stitching is so flimsy. I was super lucky once when in the middle of a race, the stitching finally gave way and my car key dropped out of the back. Fortunately I was running on paving stones so I heard it fall. Otherwise that would have been a long walk home.
 
Haha. Circumstances one day dictated that I went for a run but had to leave out of the front door (as opposed to the garage). This meant carrying a front door and front gate key. The rattling of just two keys got so annoying at one stage that I stopped to separate them and put them in separate pockets.

On the odd occasion when I'm forced to open up myself I hide the bunch of house keys and just take the gate remote :oops:
 
On the odd occasion when I'm forced to open up myself I hide the bunch of house keys and just take the gate remote :oops:
Had an electronic lock on our door with a key pad so just ran with the remote. Don't have that now while renting so now we just run with the keys
 
Haha. Circumstances one day dictated that I went for a run but had to leave out of the front door (as opposed to the garage). This meant carrying a front door and front gate key. The rattling of just two keys got so annoying at one stage that I stopped to separate them and put them in separate pockets.

The only thing to watch out for with the above-mentioned pants is that after a while, the pockets develop a hole because the stitching is so flimsy. I was super lucky once when in the middle of a race, the stitching finally gave way and my car key dropped out of the back. Fortunately I was running on paving stones so I heard it fall. Otherwise that would have been a long walk home.
Was watching a barkleys marathons documentary, and those insane trail runners have to carry so much yet I complain for a key or a bottle of water lol.
 
I was confused as hell thinking I missed the main race but that's tomorrow. Ironically I'm gonna miss it anyway because I'll be doing my long run double the pace of these pros :ROFL: .
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X