The official running thread™

wise_guy

Expert Member
What do you guys run in when it's cold?

Used tights this am and spent most of the run pulling the effing things up from my crotch. Literally every few steps o_O
Pants with zipped pockets are rare and this one has 3. The back pocket comfortably fits the phone.
Picked up 2.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Pants with zipped pockets are rare and this one has 3. The back pocket comfortably fits the phone.
Picked up 2.

The tracks in Mr P Sport were huge on me :ROFL:

I managed to get some decent ones in the normal Mr P. The SS fites perfectly and they have two nice zipped pockets. Material is also very warm which is ideal for me

Claymore

Executive Member
I don't understand how the race organizers don't check.
They just drive or cycle the route instead of running?
Both were in Soweto, and I suspect the running clubs there operate on a shoestring. Still...

RunningFromFat

Expert Member
4:27 for my first marathon.
What I learnt: Just because you’re feeling strong for 20kms, you should’ve just gone a bit slower in order for a stronger finish. I also want to work on more hills in training as well as strengthening the legs. I ran till about the 38km mark where i needed my first walk on a hill section. Fueling was solid, no bad chafing but nipples need some tender loving.

Well done to @ShaunSA for his good 10k!

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
What I learnt: Just because you’re feeling strong for 20kms, you should’ve just gone a bit slower in order for a stronger finish. I also want to work on more hills in training as well as strengthening the legs. I ran till about the 38km mark where i needed my first walk on a hill section. Fueling was solid, no bad chafing but nipples need some tender loving.

Congratulations and well done!

wise_guy

Expert Member

Congrats - good time. How was your half and 32k split?

Meister-Man

Expert Member

My first (and only) marathon I learnt the exact opposite.
I was planning on taking the first half a little slower, but after seeing a (faster) mate and sticking with him till about 30kms, I was probably 10-12 mins up on my planned 30km time. I did run out of steam towards the end, but it allowed me to push myself to a faster time than I had hoped for.

Well done!

RunningFromFat

Expert Member
After reflecting on yesterday's performance and trying to figure out what caused the weaker 2nd half, I suspect I didn't take in enough water.

The sachet's were 100mls , I'm normally used to drinking 200mls of water every 40 minutes or so...

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad

Thanks. That was a great run from you! :thumbsup:

Hopefully not too tired and sore today :X3: