The official running thread™

50% discount on puma items thats on sale.

Coupon code EXTRA50.

I grabbed a pair of sneakers and trail run shoes.

Note* only applicable to items already on sale.
Sadly the have nothing I'm interested in. Was about to get a pair of trail running shoes, but someone got the size I needed before I could.
 
Sadly the have nothing I'm interested in. Was about to get a pair of trail running shoes, but someone got the size I needed before I could.

Same, could only find a running cap on sale and the code didn't work for that. :(

I need to replace my adidas that I do most of my running in.
 
Same, could only find a running cap on sale and the code didn't work for that. :(

I need to replace my adidas that I do most of my running in.
Yeah, the selection is a bit poor.

Takealot has the Light Weight Running cap. I got one a couple of months ago and it's the cap I use the most now. I even ordered a second one to have as a backup.

 
  • Like
Reactions: B-1
Yeah, the selection is a bit poor.

Takealot has the Light Weight Running cap. I got one a couple of months ago and it's the cap I use the most now. I even ordered a second one to have as a backup.


I have a Nike one that works well enough but it will need replacing at some point so wanted it as a backup.
 
I’m out for a few weeks at least, tore my thigh muscle last night at soccer
 
Thank you, really bummed as my running had gotten better and was lining up several 10k runs in the next few weeks
Sadly it seems how these things work. I was at my peak when my sinus issues hit. Still trying to get back to the same level again.

It sucks big time.
 
Im pretty chuffed with myself today. I managed to do my longest run yesterday, doing the 32 at the Colgate road race. Pretty happy averaging 6:53 / KM

I have to admit that stretch from 22 to 26 was mentally quite hectic, but when I got to 26 I knew I have 6 KM left and thats doable.

One odd thing is that my legs in general feels OK (my knees are a bit tender), but my arms are actually quite sore. Im guessing its from my stiff running style and keeping the arms up for almost 4 hours
 
Someone should explain the Streisand effect to TTOM :X3:

I doubt it would sink in. They sound like a bunch of idiots. Seen a good few complaints on SM about how crap the organisation is. And then even more after race day.
 
On a more depressing nore. With winter setting in anyone else move to afternoon runs? Takes me a while to get used to them but I'll be damned if I am going to run on a freezing morning. Takes me ages to warm up as it is.
 
On a more depressing nore. With winter setting in anyone else move to afternoon runs? Takes me a while to get used to them but I'll be damned if I am going to run on a freezing morning. Takes me ages to warm up as it is.
Im in the same boat here. I just find that running in the afternoon is a lot harder for some reason. Whats worse Is I need to now start upping my swimming and cycling because I really want to do another tri in September
 
On a more depressing nore. With winter setting in anyone else move to afternoon runs? Takes me a while to get used to them but I'll be damned if I am going to run on a freezing morning. Takes me ages to warm up as it is.
I've transitioned the last few of my weekday runs to afternoons only from a schedule standpoint, just not enough daylight before work to fit runs in.
 
I've transitioned the last few of my weekday runs to afternoons only from a schedule standpoint, just not enough daylight before work to fit runs in.

Another issue apart from the cold. It's so dark and you run every step wondering if some oke isn't going to jump you for your watch or phone :(
 
On a more depressing nore. With winter setting in anyone else move to afternoon runs? Takes me a while to get used to them but I'll be damned if I am going to run on a freezing morning. Takes me ages to warm up as it is.
Unfortunately I cannot advise as I LOVE morning running, for a few reasons:

1) Pollution is at it's lowest imho
2) You are running on an empty stomach
3) You own the road (assuming your area is "safe-ish")
4) It's more predictable from a time-table perspective (I have small kids)
5) Most races start in the morning

In terms of temperatures, I find putting a buff over my nose/mouth helps for the first few km's, then I'm so hot that anything more than a t-shirt and shorts would irritate me. I also carry a small head-lamp in my pocket and put it on in dark sections only.

Disclaimer: My area is fairly safe, so I can pull it off, but agreed if safety is a concern than all my points are null and void. I also don't run with a phone or ear-phones, for safety reasons.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X